E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Post BMS Powerbox Install Help Needed

07-16-2010, 01:17 AM   #1
A///MG_Power
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carefully.

Post BMS Powerbox Install Help Needed

This was posted in the vendors section. I was just wondering if anyone could help me out in this section.

Thanks in advance!

btw, if any LTBMW guys are looking at this, could you please help me address an issue after the install of the PBX?

There are 2 drainage catchers (one located on the top right and one on the top left of the engine bay if you are looking at the front of your car) that catch leaves and debris.

I took a look inside my engine bay to find the top right hand drainage catcher upside down. I think leaves or debris has fallen into the drain because on downshifts I hear the leaves russeling (sp?) in an air current. This sound has been pretty consistent since the install of the PBX. I understand that the two upper panels of the engine bay were removed in installing the PBX.

If my theory is correct, is there some way to get the leaves out so I can get rid of the sound? I am unfamiliar with the internals of that part of the car.

It'd be great if the LTBMW guys could chime in on this since they did the install. Thanks!
      07-16-2010, 05:10 AM   #2
FrankiE90
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Krooked Sk8board

Hey Greg, good to meet you at the shop.
how's the pbx running?
were you able to feel the difference.

I know what you're talk'n about, the 2 plastic drainage catchers.
i clean mine out from time to time.
you should be fine - sometimes i get little debris that fall in when i pull out and empty
the "catcher".

yes,
you forgot a box with your stock lugs at the shop.
LT has it for you on the side.
I'm sure one of the guys can double check your e90 when
you roll by.

your e90's look'n good.