2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Stiffer springs for North American 528?

07-24-2010, 07:22 AM   #1
morrisond
Rep
Drives: 06 330i SP

Stiffer springs for North American 528?

Hi,

I'm from Canada and am thinking of ordering an 528xi. I drove a 535i and didn't like the feel of the car even in Sport+, it felt like a Lexus too isolated, too quiet and although there wasn't lag, it felt like there was a rubber band in the drivetrain as the turbo spooled up.

I think I would prefer the NA engine, as with 276 lbs less weight (than 535) 230 lbs of torque and 11% shorter gearing it should still feel peppy enough in normal driving. I'm hoping that some of the weight difference is because the 528 has less sound deadening/vibration isolation, so it actually feels like a BMW.

I'm going to drive an 528i next week but if it's too soft does the Euro car come with stiffer springs, or are there aftermarket ones available?
Appreciate 0