E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Pre-Purchase Inspection in woodbridge

08-14-2010, 01:47 AM   #1
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Pre-Purchase Inspection in woodbridge

Hi, I'm looking to pick up a used e92 from a dealership in woodbridge and was wondering what the most recommended place for a PPI is. The car is in the Hwy 400 and Steeles area.

I heard a lot of good things about RMP motors would it be the best place to go? It's right around the block so I was kinda of worried the dealer might have some relations with them. The dealer has agreed to fix anything that is found wrong with the PPI so I'd like to goto a reliable place to get it done.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
d-burn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 e92 335i xDrive M-Sport

Is this the 328i coupe that is for sale at "Luxury and Sports by North York Chyrsler"? I've been checking their site lately, and they are in that area.

If so, what did you talk them down to (for future reference).
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
AP2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: P100D

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-burn View Post
Is this the 328i coupe that is for sale at "Luxury and Sports by North York Chyrsler"? I've been checking their site lately, and they are in that area.

If so, what did you talk them down to (for future reference).
I personally will not deal with North York Chrysler and its affiliated dealerships. I've experienced the worst customer service and business practices there.

To the OP: bring it to RMP and you're set!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 11:48 PM   #4
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

I think even if Rocco had a relationship with the dealership, he would be perfectly honest with you about the condition of the car. In my experience he's been 100% professional; I can't see him doing a poor PPI because he works with the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #5
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
D-Burn: Yeah that's the dealership, which car are you looking to pickup? I haven't fully negotiated the deal yet, just getting the PPI done tomorrow hopefully then will finalize the price.

AP2: Any specifics why you won't deal with them? You can PM if you don't want to post here, I haven't been able to find out much about the dealership.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll definitely goto RMP.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 10:03 PM   #6
d-burn
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
D-Burn: Yeah that's the dealership, which car are you looking to pickup? I haven't fully negotiated the deal yet, just getting the PPI done tomorrow hopefully then will finalize the price.

AP2: Any specifics why you won't deal with them? You can PM if you don't want to post here, I haven't been able to find out much about the dealership.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll definitely goto RMP.
Dr. G: I'm not looking to pick-up anything specific from them at the moment, however I have been checking their site lately because they seem to carry mostly BMW, Audi, Merc's in their selection. You haven't fully negotiated the deal, but are taking it for an inspection? Wouldn't you want to get it down to the price you want to pay before taking it to get inspected? I always thought that was the last thing (i.e. this is the deal IF the car checks out ok, otherwise no dice).

AP2: I'd also like to hear why you wouldn't deal with them.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 04:04 PM   #7
AP2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: P100D

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-burn View Post
Dr. G: I'm not looking to pick-up anything specific from them at the moment, however I have been checking their site lately because they seem to carry mostly BMW, Audi, Merc's in their selection. You haven't fully negotiated the deal, but are taking it for an inspection? Wouldn't you want to get it down to the price you want to pay before taking it to get inspected? I always thought that was the last thing (i.e. this is the deal IF the car checks out ok, otherwise no dice).

AP2: I'd also like to hear why you wouldn't deal with them.
Long story short, they screwed my friend up on a E46 M3 for denying responsibility from engine problems that the car had. They also refused returning my driver's license when I test drove a E46 M3 there couple years ago as we couldn't finalize a deal because of the vehicle's condition. I'll leave the worst story of my buddy purchasing a E90 there through PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2010, 05:06 PM   #8
d-burn
Private First Class
Rep

@Dr. G - Any updates? Did you get the car checked out? what happened?
Appreciate 0