BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-18-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
vwown3d
New Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Buyer Beware WSTO

Putting this up here until things get resolved.

Placed an order with them over the phone on noon. 8/10
Got an invoice emailed to me the same day and my CC was charged.

A week later, still no product or no tracking number.

Emailed them on Monday, no response
Called them on Tuesday, no response or callback
PM'd them today no response.

UPDATE:
about half an hour after posting this I got a few calls and voicemails outlining what they said below. I knew exactly where everything was coming from however I was getting no response from them. I figured they create PO's and the item ships from the manufacturer or some huge supplier. I think a week is a fair enough time to worry that your order was lost when tracking or a backorder status is not given.

As for the thread title, I saw a few titled "buyer beware" and figured it was standard issue. I apologize if it looks a bit rash but I wasn't sure how to get their attention after communicating three different ways without a response. I wouldn't call it tasteless like mentioned because it is a fault on their end. The order was overlooked. I don't appreciate peoples opinions when I'm just looking for the facts.

Also for all the local guys dealing with them I'm sure business is fantastic because you can deal face to face.

So I'm not sure if the mods can change the title or close this but when the item arrives I will ask them to do so and this can be forgotten. I have received a tracking number but it must of just been generated and cannot be found in UPS yet.

Last edited by vwown3d; 08-18-2010 at 05:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 01:16 PM   #2
Black Sheep
A Zip an a Double Cup
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

They will reply nothing to worry about...

PTF Tuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 01:27 PM   #3
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
What did you order if you don't mind me asking?

I have done business with WSTO a few times and have had no problems whatsoever...

Frustrating on your end I'm sure but if their reputation continues to precede them they will have you sorted out in no time.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 01:38 PM   #4
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwown3d View Post
Putting this up here until things get resolved.

Placed an order with them over the phone on noon. 8/10
Got an invoice emailed to me the same day and my CC was charged.

A week later, still no product or no tracking number.

Emailed them on Monday, no response
Called them on Tuesday, no response or callback
PM'd them today no response.

They look ledgit, however wtf is going on guys? Can I get enough decency to get a callback??? I see you have updated your posts on this site since then......
What you have to realize is that not everything is in stock so whatever you ordered might take a few days, possibly a week to get shipped to you. These guys are nothing but the best, always responsible, respectful and helpful... but because of that you need to remember that makes them also kinda BUSY so it's kinda hard to justify them emailing you back with nothing to report. These guys also don't just work off of this forum, the phone is ringing constantly with orders for other kinds of cars. BMW's are a good part of their business but not even close to 1/2 of what they sell elsewhere. I know as a customer it can be frustrating to have someone take your money and then not hear back from them... you want to know where your stuff is ASAP, but rest assured the minute they know where your stuff is, you'll know too. If you feel like you MUST touch base with them, give them a call again... probably the best way to contact them.

And be a little more tactful about posing up a "buyer beware" thread when it's been less than 72 hrs of them not returning your call/message, thats pretty classless IMO. If it had been 3 weeks without hearing from them then, its warranted for sure, but trying to tarnish someones name after only a few days with no response is kinda shitty on your end.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 01:54 PM   #5
CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an asshole

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [6.18]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
What you have to realize is that not everything is in stock so whatever you ordered might take a few days, possibly a week to get shipped to you. These guys are nothing but the best, always responsible, respectful and helpful... but because of that you need to remember that makes them also kinda BUSY so it's kinda hard to justify them emailing you back with nothing to report. These guys also don't just work off of this forum, the phone is ringing constantly with orders for other kinds of cars. BMW's are a good part of their business but not even close to 1/2 of what they sell elsewhere. I know as a customer it can be frustrating to have someone take your money and then not hear back from them... you want to know where your stuff is ASAP, but rest assured the minute they know where your stuff is, you'll know too. If you feel like you MUST touch base with them, give them a call again... probably the best way to contact them.

And be a little more tactful about posing up a "buyer beware" thread when it's been less than 72 hrs of them not returning your call/message, thats pretty classless IMO. If it had been 3 weeks without hearing from them then, its warranted for sure, but trying to tarnish someones name after only a few days with no response is kinda shitty on your end.
+1 your in good hands. dont worry your dealing with the best in the biz
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #6
WheelSTO
Lieutenant
Rep

vwown3d:

We placed an order with Berk Technology the day after you placed the order. We checked stock when you ordered, and to save you time, we had the unit shipped directly from Berk. We use an email system to place orders with them directly, we have never had a problem with that method, but there was an error this time.

We have over looked the smooth process with our email system, and assumed the unit got shipped immediately because we stress on orders being shipped out as soon as possible.

However, we have not received an email, phone call but we did get a PM from you today, which Julius@WSTO has replied to, and made sure your order was shipped out today from Berk.

We have never had any negative feed back on any forums and we pride ourselves to serving the customer and making you happy.

We also called and left you several voice mails today. Please contact us at 312.880.7767 , or email us at info@wheelsto.com

Hope to hear from you soon
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 02:26 PM   #7
Nate@IND
Rep

I would trust the guys at the WSTO with my life! They are 100% legit.
      08-18-2010, 03:42 PM   #8
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
I buy everything from wheelsto, never had issues and as you can see there not dodging you, they are however busy and one man short
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 05:37 PM   #9
vwown3d
New Guy
United_States
Rep

Updated in original post, please keep opinions out of the thread unless they are positive.
      08-18-2010, 05:45 PM   #10
bryce
Banned
Rep
Drives: zhp 3-pedal

Garage List
+1 for WSTO

i preferred dealing with them but got a better quote elsewhere. they were happy to match the other quote and they had the wheels in stock.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 06:02 PM   #11
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwown3d View Post
Also for all the local guys dealing with them I'm sure business is fantastic because you can deal face to face.
face to face or not, they are still the best and I became a customer of theirs well before I was a local, you'll find satisfied WSTO customers all over the GLOBE... not just Chicago, Midwest or even USA.

and sorry if you felt like we were jumping on you, its just threads like this are too often thrown up without thinking about the consequences of what they can do to a vendors image over time. Well all know WSTO and how they run their business so we look out for them as they look out for us as customers.

The sad part is that this thread (unless deleted which mods rarely do) will now pop up any time someone searches WSTO. You obviously worked it out ASAP with them so now that things are good, you're still left with this thread, in poor taste, which isn't even applicable anymore.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 09:11 PM   #12
CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an asshole

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [6.18]
Yep^^ would of been better to say can someone from wsto call me. But wsto gaggle of supporters and reputation well help make this thread a moot point
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 09:48 PM   #13
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
No where near LOCAL here and one week... sorry bro but i think you have to cut them some slack. I wait a LONG TIME for my item only to have it not work when i finally have it and ship back my items and through this entire experience I WOULD STILL BUY FROM WSTO.... thats how much I trust them
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 03:55 PM   #14
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
WheelSTO was good to me too. Yeah next time u might want to wait a bit longer to post something negative..especially about a seller who is known as a top rated seller on this forum..but im not hating on the OP
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #15
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
they are awesome, I've used them before and everything shipped ultra fast, sometimes things arent as smoothly when a product isnt in stock. I understand you were frustrated but sometimes a lil patience goes a long way
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 07:36 PM   #16
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
i guess the thing that bugs people about this is the topic title. it seems alarming when well... nothing has happened yet. if anything its the title WSTO has been great to me even though ive never bought anything from them and they have accomadated all my stupid pms asking for quotes. so there you have it.
      08-19-2010, 08:24 PM   #17
fatjoez
student
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e90

Think the guy had a right to get a little concerned,
but luckily WheelSTO are a decent folk

They shipped an exhaust pipe to me in New Zealand so yea decent effort
They seemed hella busy at the time so probably the same case here
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 10:02 PM   #18
Ryan@IND
United_States
Rep
Drives: ACR

It is really my fault. Spoke to Vwown3d over the phone he placed an order. We had the order drop shipped from Berk straight to the customer. All this was done through email and I had really forgotten to check up to make sure (hence, my fault when i should have). our communication with Berk is always really good and those guys are really on top of their game. I took that for granted and did not check to see if they had received our order, which they didn't.

I apologize for the inconvenience cause and thank you for sheding some light onto a portion of our business practice that we really need to improve on. We will work hard to put a better system in place to make sure that orders go through smoothly, next time.

Thank you all for your support and your support is what really keeps us going. We really appreciate it!
      08-31-2010, 02:03 AM   #19
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

WSTO service has been pleasure to me.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 03:31 PM   #20
B_2_B_P
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 128i Sport /w PDC and ComAcc

Garage List
2009 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post

I stopped reading your post at "These guys are nothing but the best, always responsible, respectful and helpful... but because of that you need to remember that makes them also kinda BUSY so it's kinda hard to justify them emailing you back with nothing to report."

That is the worst mentality to have as a business. Good customer service is good business. I buy from more expensive places JUST because I love the customer service. I love updates even if it's just to tell me that they haven't forgotten about me.
Black Badge - Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 18" - ASA AR1 18" - B&M Short Shifter - aFe Stage 2 CAI Pro 5 R - Gloss Black Kidney Grills - Performance Pedal Kit - CDV delete - Custom Tint - Bastuck Exhaust w/o Silencer - Custom Tune
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 04:10 PM   #21
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_2_B_P View Post
I stopped reading your post at "These guys are nothing but the best, always responsible, respectful and helpful... but because of that you need to remember that makes them also kinda BUSY so it's kinda hard to justify them emailing you back with nothing to report."

That is the worst mentality to have as a business. Good customer service is good business. I buy from more expensive places JUST because I love the customer service. I love updates even if it's just to tell me that they haven't forgotten about me.
Well again, if they are successful at what they do because they work well and closely with their customers, they are bound to get to a point where the business exceeds their ability to pay AS MUCH attention to each customer. Simple supply and demand reasoning. All I was saying is with them being busy with opening a new shop, losing one of their oldest sales guys, redesigning their website and on top of that being spread out on like 10-15 forums... they might not have enough hours in the day to drop people a line every single day to say "hey I have no new info on your order". Julius posted that there was a miscommunication with him and the vendor so obviously thats where it fell through the crack. It happens with every company, big small, cheap, expensive, excellent customer service or poor customer service (just a lot more often with the poor ones).

All in all " because of that you need to remember that makes them also kinda BUSY so it's kinda hard to justify them emailing you back with nothing to report." is still just my PERSONAL opinion and not their philosophy on how they deal with customers so that's my fault for not making that clear.
Appreciate 0