E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Lease 335 Convert....please Help!

08-27-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
Sigmachimde
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08' 135 Convertible

Lease 335 Convert....please Help!

Hey Guys,

I am thinking about trading my 07 335xi SG/Dakota Grey Sedan.

Looking into leasing a 335 convertible with 6 spd, sport, cold weather.

I have never considered leasing before and don't know a thing about it.

Does anyone know what I should expect to pay for this when going in? I did research and looked into all of the residual numbers etc... but still do not understand much about it. Can I get into one for under $500 per month if I put a couple thousand down?

Thanks!
Mike
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

You need to do more research on it...
Read up on mileage, residuals, security deposits, inspections, what happens to your down payment in the event of something etc... You have alot of gaps my friend.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
E92Carrera
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigmachimde View Post
Hey Guys,

I am thinking about trading my 07 335xi SG/Dakota Grey Sedan.

Looking into leasing a 335 convertible with 6 spd, sport, cold weather.

I have never considered leasing before and don't know a thing about it.

Does anyone know what I should expect to pay for this when going in? I did research and looked into all of the residual numbers etc... but still do not understand much about it. Can I get into one for under $500 per month if I put a couple thousand down?

Thanks!
Mike
Yea, you have a bit more research to do. But let me get you started.

*Price out your car on carprices.com, it will show you the MSRP and the invoice price. A good deal is considered 500-1000 over the invoice price.

*Make sure you negotiate the buy rate on the MF (Money Factor), its posted on this forum at a sticky on the top over at bimmerfest (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20 ). This month it is .00200, a dealer is allowed to mark this up. Tip: Money Factor is basically the interest rate. MF * 2400 = Interest Rate. Ex. .00200 = 4.8%

*Since your willing to put money down, it is generally advised against making a cap cost reduction on a lease. If your car gets totaled, then you lose your down payment.
**On the other hand, it is encouraged to leave multiple security deposits, which are returned to you at the end of your lease.
***These MSD's reduce your MF. The max amount of MSD's is 7, for a reduction of .00049 on your MF. If you get the base rate above and you leave 7 MSD's, your MF would be: .00200 - .00049 = .00151
Tip: Each MSD is equivalent to your monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $50. So if AFTER applying the MF reduction, your payment is $549 then you would make 7 deposits @ $550 each.

*Make sure the lease fees are legit and are not marked up.
*Example: Acquisition fee is required but can be marked up: $725 (Current Acq. Fee, not marked up)

*Once you have all your numbers, plug it in to a lease calculator, or spreadsheet and verify your numbers with what the dealer is offering.

That should get you started.

2011 E92 Space Gray - M-Sport - Euro Delivery

2008 E92 Black Sapphire - Black Interior - Aluminum Trim
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 05:38 PM   #4
Curt2000
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '93 Supra Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Carrera View Post
Yea, you have a bit more research to do. But let me get you started.

*Price out your car on carprices.com, it will show you the MSRP and the invoice price. A good deal is considered 500-1000 over the invoice price.

*Make sure you negotiate the buy rate on the MF (Money Factor), its posted on this forum at a sticky on the top over at bimmerfest (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20 ). This month it is .00200, a dealer is allowed to mark this up. Tip: Money Factor is basically the interest rate. MF * 2400 = Interest Rate. Ex. .00200 = 4.8%

*Since your willing to put money down, it is generally advised against making a cap cost reduction on a lease. If your car gets totaled, then you lose your down payment.
**On the other hand, it is encouraged to leave multiple security deposits, which are returned to you at the end of your lease.
***These MSD's reduce your MF. The max amount of MSD's is 7, for a reduction of .00049 on your MF. If you get the base rate above and you leave 7 MSD's, your MF would be: .00200 - .00049 = .00151
Tip: Each MSD is equivalent to your monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $50. So if AFTER applying the MF reduction, your payment is $549 then you would make 7 deposits @ $550 each.

*Make sure the lease fees are legit and are not marked up.
*Example: Acquisition fee is required but can be marked up: $725 (Current Acq. Fee, not marked up)

*Once you have all your numbers, plug it in to a lease calculator, or spreadsheet and verify your numbers with what the dealer is offering.

That should get you started.

Good Advice...

Also if you are a current BMW owner you may qualify for owner loyalty money factors which can be a lot better depending on the promos they have running.

If you decide to do euro delivery then you can lower your monthly payment even further because you get the ED pricing which lowers your net cap yet your residual remains US retail so you broaden the gap between residual value and leased value.

I would recommend leasing at 10000 miles/yr to start out with because it keeps your monthly payment low and gets you the best residual % upfront and you can always add miles to your lease for cheap later on if your eating them up too fast....

Former Car: '16 SUNBURST GOLD F80 ///M3--6MT/Carbon Cloth (ED Thread)
Former Car:'13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP(ED Thread)
INSTAGRAM:@C2KMotorsports
Appreciate 0