E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 07 328xi shifting help.

08-28-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
ctkulig
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328Xi, 07 X3

07 328xi shifting help.

I got an 07 328xi automatic and have a question

When I drive it in manual and mash the gas in any higher gear (like 4th or 5th) it will down shift to like 2nd or 3rd and then stay in that lower gear until I shift it. Should it downshift like an automatic when in manual?

Also when I mash the gas in either auto or manual at about 1/2 throttle the pedal feels as if it hesitates and then presses down more. There is no preformance issue just the pedal feels strange for the one moment.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctkulig View Post
I got an 07 328xi automatic and have a question

When I drive it in manual and mash the gas in any higher gear (like 4th or 5th) it will down shift to like 2nd or 3rd and then stay in that lower gear until I shift it. Should it downshift like an automatic when in manual?

Also when I mash the gas in either auto or manual at about 1/2 throttle the pedal feels as if it hesitates and then presses down more. There is no preformance issue just the pedal feels strange for the one moment.

Thanks
Yeah it downshifts when in DS. It also changes the gears for you when you reach redline. Personally i don't shift the gears but just leave it in DS mode so it keeps it in higher rpms. Im not impressed with tiptronic either, but after all it is not SMG.
      08-28-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
BlackBimmer1991
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black f32 428i xdrive

when u mash it are u hitting the kick down button? If you are then thats y it down shifts for you in both manual and D mode.