E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Gotta love turbos (no bmw content)

01-12-2007, 08:50 PM   #1
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Gotta love turbos (no bmw content)

This just in:
From a drag race in Colima, Mexico. One of our Stg 2 Evo IX customers went up against a Lambo Murcielago. The Lambo got a several car head start. See what happened...
video here:
http://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_i...777WskeeapuNFO

And from a couple of weeks ago:
From a street legal drag race in Honduras. Another Stg 2 Evo VIII customer goes up against very own Ferrari F430 in a roll on. One 91oct pump gas.
Info and link to youtube video there:
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=242907

enjoy!
shiv

ps. Obligatory BMW content: The 335 has two turbos.

Last edited by OpenFlash; 01-12-2007 at 09:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2007, 09:09 PM   #2
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

awesome!! EVOs are bad ass cars
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2007, 09:15 PM   #3
CoralRedPlz
restless
Rep
Drives: Space Grey, Coral Red 335i

rofl. thats sick. what type of quarter mile times does that get?
      01-12-2007, 11:17 PM   #4
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

It's reasons like this that I will miss my Evo. I hope the 335i will be able to fill the voidk
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2007, 11:39 PM   #5
youyou
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997 C4S

Ya very impressive i have to admit...
But even if the Evo beat the Ferrari or the Lambo by 3 car lengths i would never get one over those 2 cars...
I'm sorry but anyone who says an Evo is hot car is crazy.
It's just plain ugly. But it's fast.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2007, 11:52 PM   #6
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by youyou
But even if the Evo beat the Ferrari or the Lambo by 3 car lengths i would never get one over those 2 cars...
Taste is all about preference, a lot of those Evo owners think the e90/e92 are ugly..so what? This is how threads get ugly, when you start saying "this and this is ugly, why would someone get it". It's not meant to be a luxury car, it's meant to be a driver's car, no fancy interior..it's you, the car, and the road.

Performancewise, now there is something you can't deny. The point Shiv was trying to make is that turbo'd cars are easy to tune for powers..look at the cars he own, all are turbo'd.

Of course if you have a choice of the Lambo and the Evo, who in there right mind would pass up the Lambo?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2007, 12:10 AM   #7
youyou
Banned
Canada
Rep

I'm not here to stir anything up...
I was just saying that i don't understand how these cars can even be compared. But i completely understand Shiv's point and ya it's extremely impressive to see the Evo keep up like that with those cars.
You see i know alot about cars and have been a car enthusiast since i was a kid. But for some odd reason i had never heard of the Evo until i joined this forum. And so basically after joining this forum i was seeing so many threads with Evo this and Evo that. And i was like what the hell is an Evo. So when i finally saw what it was i was like Whaaaa??? That's what all this fuss is about? I couldn't believe it.
But it's like you said the Evo is all about driving and nothing else.
To me though a car needs the best of both worlds... Speed and Luxury.
Just my opinion...
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2007, 06:05 AM   #8
jacksonjw81
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335I

Quote:
I second that Evos are fugly, but the new Evo X is hitting the spot, much improved over the Evo VIII-IX
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2007, 10:34 AM   #9
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
I was just saying that i don't understand how these cars can even be compared. But i completely understand Shiv's point and ya it's extremely impressive to see the Evo keep up like that with those cars.
You see i know alot about cars and have been a car enthusiast since i was a kid. But for some odd reason i had never heard of the Evo until i joined this forum. And so basically after joining this forum i was seeing so many threads with Evo this and Evo that. And i was like what the hell is an Evo. So when i finally saw what it was i was like Whaaaa??? That's what all this fuss is about? I couldn't believe it.
Just my opinion...
I second that opinion. A car does need best of both worlds, there's got to be some more substance to go with that speed. It's cool that cars can go fast, but how often to you use the true measure of it's speed and performance abilities, 1-2% of the time you own the car? The rest of the time you are driving around in normal conditions and how nice and comfortable the inside of the car is are the things you have to deal with 100% of the time you're driving it. Why am I driving an M3 instead of a Corvette or other vehicles that go just as fast or faster than mine? Because the insides of the cars are junk and poorly made.

I can take a big, hard piece of shit (literally) and strap a rocket to it and it will be faster than anything else, but at the end of the day when you take the thing away that makes it fast, it's still just a piece of shit.

That being said, what those Evo's can do against cars costing 10X as much is pretty cool.

Last edited by Carnage; 01-13-2007 at 10:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2007, 07:14 PM   #10
modvp
Rep
Drives: Evo

Quote:
Just my opinion...
How can you be a car enthusiast since you were a kid and never heard about the evo ?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2007, 07:43 PM   #11
Insider
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

I wonder what the elevation of that track is. Probably high enough that the Murcielago is losing a lot of power from the thin air. While the Evo is losing very little due to the turbo.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2007, 10:45 PM   #12
kt157
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: jet black 330i

it looks like the lambo had a bad shift. i see a lot of smoke and a little pause when he "shifts" i might be wrong since im not there...
lambo, ferrari or evo? hands down i would pick the lambo and ferarri. the evo is a very fast car for its money.
      01-14-2007, 02:31 AM   #13
Jonn335
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: F07 535 GT

Garage List
wait till we see a 335 with serious mods like the evo....

2.0 evo=550hp
3.0 335=800hp....
      01-14-2007, 03:18 AM   #14
youyou
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by modvp
How can you be a car enthusiast since you were a kid and never heard about the evo ?
I never ever liked Mitsubishi's... I usually flipped the page right away when i saw a Mitsubishi article.
That's truly one of the only brands that never interested me.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2007, 03:49 AM   #15
edgarj
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonn335
wait till we see a 335 with serious mods like the evo....

2.0 evo=550hp
3.0 335=800hp....
I love my 335i, but I seriously doubt that you'll see numbers like this in comparable endevors. Probably way, way less for several years due to the big cost difference in replacing engines . I'd love to see 800hp out of my 335i, but I'd also Love to fly (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42592)

This ain't the Supra, no matter how much those of us who own this car wish it was. I'm glad it's not, as 'the mods' are like 'the crack' for me, and I needs no more crack now that I have Active Steering and two turbochargers. But I will suck a dick for 800bhp.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2007, 11:11 AM   #16
Dustin Bramell
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, 125cc Trackmagic

Quote:
I never ever liked Mitsubishi's... I usually flipped the page right away when i saw a Mitsubishi article.
That's truly one of the only brands that never interested me.
Then do yourself a favor and drive an Evo. It's not the prettiest car out there but it sure is one of the best driving ones. And probably the fastest point A to point B car in the world short of a radical, aerial atom or other mini race cars along those lines. It really is an amazing car. Even in stock form.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2007, 10:37 PM   #17
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insider
I wonder what the elevation of that track is. Probably high enough that the Murcielago is losing a lot of power from the thin air. While the Evo is losing very little due to the turbo.
If anything, the turbo would suffer more lost in higher elevation. At the local track here in SoCal in Palmdale, the elevation is so high that to get the actual 1/4 time, you would multiply your time by .97

At that track, I've never been able to boost the same amount I would do back at my neighborhood and because of that my time suffered alot.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2007, 11:50 PM   #18
gashero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i A22 sedan streptronic

Quote:
That's truly one of the only brands that never interested me
Ah, a car enthusiast snub. Half the time of what I read on this forum is fill with bench racers who never actually taken a car on the track. Shiv, is just pointing out the potential of turbo car and it just happen to be an Evo. It could have been an Audi but shiv just showing how his products are enjoyed throughout the world. By the way, that ferrari owner also own that evo for your information and that run was on 91 oct. The next race will be on race gas which will be posted later.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 12:29 AM   #19
youyou
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin@Vishnu
Then do yourself a favor and drive an Evo. It's not the prettiest car out there but it sure is one of the best driving ones. And probably the fastest point A to point B car in the world short of a radical, aerial atom or other mini race cars along those lines. It really is an amazing car. Even in stock form.
Ya it sure looks very fun to drive...
Don't get me wrong it must be a blast to drive and i would love to take it out for a spin one day but i just personally would never buy it.
Or maybe i might think differently after driving it
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 12:32 AM   #20
youyou
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashero
Ah, a car enthusiast snub. Half the time of what I read on this forum is fill with bench racers who never actually taken a car on the track. Shiv, is just pointing out the potential of turbo car and it just happen to be an Evo. It could have been an Audi but shiv just showing how his products are enjoyed throughout the world. By the way, that ferrari owner also own that evo for your information and that run was on 91 oct. The next race will be on race gas which will be posted later.
Snub??? Never heard that word.
Now if you meant Snob then no my friend i'm not a car enthusiast Snob.
And i've never actually been on the track. I would love to someday but i've never had that fortune yet.
And yes i know exactly what Shiv meant...
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 12:37 AM   #21
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Ya it sure looks very fun to drive...
Don't get me wrong it must be a blast to drive and i would love to take it out for a spin one day but i just personally would never buy it.
Or maybe i might think differently after driving it
If you like to drive for the sheer pleasure of it, then you will like the Evo. Point A to B, I'd take the Evo over a Ferrari or Lambo any day. Why? Because it has the suspension travel, mid-corner adjustability, crazy grip, awesome brakes, midrange grunt and communicative braille-like steering feel that allows you to drive it harder than any other car on a real road. You know, those things with blind corners, debris, bumps and other stuff you deal with on a day-to-day basis. On a racetrack, however, a Ferrari or Lambo would probably get the nod. But I drive on the road a lot more than I drive on the track. And after racing shifter karts, even the gnarliest road car doesn't quite cut it on a track. That's what makes the Evo so amazing. Because it manages to do things so well. Things that other cars don't even attempt to do. In terms of sheer road driving pleasure, I have yet to drive a car that delivers as consisently as the Evo. Sure, it's not the sleekest looking car. But I don't see it behind the wheel!

cheers,
shiv
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 12:45 AM   #22
youyou
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
If you like to drive for the sheer pleasure of it, then you will like the Evo. Point A to B, I'd take the Evo over a Ferrari or Lambo any day. Why? Because it has the suspension travel, mid-corner adjustability, crazy grip, awesome brakes, midrange grunt and communicative braille-like steering feel that allows you to drive it harder than any other car on a real road. You know, those things with blind corners, debris, bumps and other stuff you deal with on a day-to-day basis. On a racetrack, however, a Ferrari or Lambo would probably get the nod. But I drive on the road a lot more than I drive on the track. And after racing shifter karts, even the gnarliest road car doesn't quite cut it on a track. That's what makes the Evo so amazing. Because it manages to do things so well. Things that other cars don't even attempt to do. In terms of sheer road driving pleasure, I have yet to drive a car that delivers as consisently as the Evo. Sure, it's not the sleekest looking car. But I don't see it behind the wheel!

cheers,
shiv

Great points andd great to know as well...
After these vids i must say that I am impressed by Mitsubishi. And i never thought much of them at all.
Appreciate 0