E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Wheels and Tires Items > FS: PRISTINE style 189 WHEELS + TPMS, NO TIRES, 18x8 fr, 18x8.5 rr, SoCal preferred

09-20-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
s3touring
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '03 Dinan S3 540 Wagon-sold

FS: PRISTINE style 189 WHEELS + TPMS, NO TIRES, 18x8 fr, 18x8.5 rr, SOLD! thx.

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
SOLD as of Sunday, 10/3/2010, 8p. THANK YOU to all who inquired. i'm a little sad to see them go, but i'm thrilled it's going to someone who's going to enjoy them, and take very good care of them...)) THANKS!

greetings to all you style 189 lovers!

as title states. it is not perfect, but very close to it. there are no curb rashes or ugly gashes. there are a few hairline scratches and point-sized paint nicks. i'll let the pictures speak for themselves. price is a FIRM $800, plus shipping. i prefer a local socal pickup. sets are going cheaper, but please don't forget the TPMS comes with it, and there are NO CURB RASHES!

please note: i will not break the set up, or separate the tpms from the wheels. fyi, i am the second owner of the wheels. i bought them 2/10/2010. the wheels have been on the car for 9k miles, very considerately driven by my wife. they are obviously off the car, old tires chucked, and ready to go. they were originally from a 2009 335i from forum member my335i. you should be able to easily tell we're both pretty fastidious about keeping things up as pristine as possible.

this post is intentionally detailed and long. i expect no responses from most people, and only expect to hear from interested parties. i hope i've covered every conceivable question or request for clearer or detailed pics.

BONUS: IF YOU WANT BOTH WHEELS AND PRACTICALLY BRAND NEW OEM RE 050 RFT TIRES (see this for sale post CLICK HERE!!!) THEN I'LL SELL THE COMBO FOR $1,600 + SHIPPING.

thankfully, i'm in no hurry to sell them. i'd like to sell them, but i don't have to sell them. they're not the right wheels for someone needing a beat up set for a lease return. they will make an awesome upgrade for the right buyer who wants a gently used sporty set in staggered 18s. looks amazing - one of the best oem wheels.

PLEASE DIRECT ALL INQUIRIES TO MY EMAIL AT KMS1655@YAHOO.COM, AS I AM NOT ACTIVE ON THE BOARDS. THANK YOU!!!!

note about the pics: yes, they're a bit big on purpose, for your inspecting pleasure. each wheel is identified by the number stamped close to the tpms unit (except for one of them.) there's the full face pic, then i took separate shots of the center cap area, then spoke and lip area starting from the valve stem area going clockwise, lastly, interior/back shot. (i apologize for some of the orientations of the pictures. photobucket is just being a pain, and it's the best i could do...)

other miscellaneous comments: if you're wondering why i'm selling them:

as mentioned, it's my wife's car. the much lower sidewalls on the 18s have caused the rfts to bubble (both driver side tires have them, never hit a pothole, no leak of air...) just 2 days ago, the passenger rear had a gash appear out of nowhere on the INSIDE of the tire (not the curb side). freaked my wife out a bit. after doing a bit more reading up, and checking with my trusted guys at america's tire, the low profile 18s do bubble a bit more than the dopey 16s. as i briefly alluded to, i already even have bought a practically brand new set of re050s from another board member a few months back. oh well.

pics:

wheel 1, numbered 4.

:happy anim:

wheel 2, numbered 5.

wheel 3, numbered 15.

wheel 4, numbered 20.

THANKS FOR CHECKING IT OUT. NOW BUY THEM!

"The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away, blessed be the name of the LORD."

Last edited by s3touring; 10-04-2010 at 09:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 03:49 PM   #2
s3touring
Second Lieutenant
Rep

it's time for a friday bump!

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #3
NYC_e92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Space Gray 335i

Free Bump for a very clean and awsome detail pics.
      09-25-2010, 05:52 PM   #4
s3touring
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_e92 View Post
Free Bump for a very clean and awsome detail pics.
thanks very much!! i appreciate it.

which reminds me - forgot to mention - i've had a few inquiries. first one with cash gets it. thanks for understanding. have a nice weekend! (107 degrees in socal!!!)

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 08:34 PM   #5
BMW BRAD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535d M, F31 328d M

Bump for a local Chino Hillian! GLWTS, Brad
      09-30-2010, 10:03 AM   #6
s3touring
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW BRAD View Post
Bump for a local Chino Hillian! GLWTS, Brad
thanks, brad!

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 10:06 AM   #7
s3touring
Second Lieutenant
Rep

SOCAL WEEKEND* SPECIAL! $750!!! (pick-up in chino hills, cash only.)
((*weekend = emailing me at kms1655@yahoo.com between today, thursday 9/30/2010, and sunday 10/3/2010, BEFORE 11:59 pm.)) THANKS!

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2010, 01:14 AM   #8
s3touring
Second Lieutenant
Rep

SOLD as of Sunday, 10/3/2010, 8p. THANK YOU to all who inquired. i'm a little sad to see them go, but i'm thrilled it's going to someone who's going to enjoy them, and take very good care of them...)) THANKS!

Appreciate 0