BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-17-2005, 09:04 AM   #1
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

Thumbs up MMMmmmm 3 news and other M members news

Hello fellow enthusiasts, another BMW-related article on www.Autobild.de.

In German, but if you click on the "Bilder" thingy you get lots of pics.

In short the article summarizes all M variants of BMW:

-e90 M3: coupe and cabrio will be sold. Beginning of coupe is start of 2007. An approx (unconfirmed) 4.4 litres 424 Hp V8 engine derived from the V10, special aerodynamic front and back spoilers, special, larger vented disk brakes, special seats and instrument pacakge, 4 mufflers (of course), light-metal used in doors and engine cover and will be available with manual and SMG. There is talk of an M3 e91, but unlikely that one will be brought here (last bit is my editorial).

BMW is working on their version of DSG (to be called apparently DKG) BUT, the current prototype cannot handle the over 500Nm torque of the M3, sooooo it is still on the drawing board.

-the refreshed Z4 in both cabrio and coupe version will be graced with a new generation 6-cylinder 3.2 litres M engine (as reenginnered from the current M3), doing approx. 340-350 Hp.

-less ground-breaking, but we are going to get here the M5 touring as well. Intersting, the specially designed 5 Series Touring rear suspension had to be re-re-designed for the M5 touring version. BTW the manual tranny for the M5 will be offered in Europe as well if there is sufficient customer demand for it.

-M6 cabrio is also apprently a done deal, to be intro'd in early 2006.

Interesting overall plans is the further refine and enlarge the M CSL line, According to Autobild, Mr. Ulrich Bruhnke, head of M division (and ex. AMG Chef), the CSL line will take on the RS line of Audi and the use of the turbos in MB's AMG line. Use of light-weight materials, as in the past, will be complemented by engine refinements upping actual power as well. An e90 M3 CSl with potentially an extr 25 Hp could appear in 2008.

-Now, the M1 will apparently come (use of same 3.2 6 cylinder engine as for the Z4) but its intro has been delayed. BMW will first introduce the cabrio and coupe versions. Since initial intro date was supposed to be beginning 2008, the delay means that the 130 is top 1 Series for now.

Remember, BMW reserves the right tho change everything around and play with our minds, but this is interesting reading.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 04:56 PM   #2
res_ipsa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i SparkGraphite

Thanks for taking the time to translate Bimmerista! Since I've become a diehard bimmer fan I've always wished that I studied German

424hp for M3... woooow and drooool
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 05:02 PM   #3
schwma
My first bimmer...but definitely not my last!
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i

Helpful tip. If you open the link with Internet Explorer, mouse anywhere on the document, right click, and click on "Translate Page Into English." Voila!!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 05:06 PM   #4
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
or you can go here. http://translate.google.com/translat...005-21,GGLG:en
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 05:19 PM   #5
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

My pleasure to translate interesting articles - I lived in Germany so that's how I picked it up. It's not the easiest language to learn, the whole sentence structure is backwards (conjugation), but I consider myself lucky to have had the chance to learn it.

Now it,s fund to be able to put to good, productive use
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2006, 11:09 PM   #6
paullo
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: ThreeThreeFive

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Thanks for the effort! I know I appreciate it. Although, having read it now, I was hoping for a e90 M3 saloon (4dr) at some point as well... does anyone have any verifiable info on this?

crossing fingers
      04-15-2006, 05:54 PM   #7
Damager
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullo
Thanks for the effort! I know I appreciate it. Although, having read it now, I was hoping for a e90 M3 saloon (4dr) at some point as well... does anyone have any verifiable info on this?

crossing fingers

I've read in MULTIPLE sources (one of course being this great site) that there will for sure be the E90 M3 saloon car being built. If its one or two places mentioning it, I would question it, but the count stands at over 15 places have mentioned it now so I believe it. As well as the concept M3 car on the coverpage of this site is actually a 4-door car if you look closely. So its coming.............
Appreciate 0