2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum 520i Rattle over bumps

09-30-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
swiper
Registered
Rep
Drives: 520i

520i Rattle over bumps

Ive had my car for about 5 years now, After leaving it with family while I went travelling overseas for a couple years ive come back to find it rattles going over bumps or any uneven patches of road, of course no bothered to take it to a mechanic I can't exactly pin point where it coming from but more noticeable on the driver side than anywhere else.

From the sound of things I would say its most likely the shocks, I will take it into a mechanic eventually but know it will be pricey, so before I do, has anyone got any suggestions on what it could be,the average price for getting it fixed, Know of any parts I could buy online to make the repair cheater?

Also, the speedometer doesn't work half the time, by that I mean, if I go drive to the shops it works, once I start it up again it doesn't, if I turn it off and start it up it still doesnt work unless the car has been turned off for some time, , also, similar situation with the front lights, sometimes they both work and sometimes 1 of them is dimmed while the other works...

Any ideas much appreciated, thanks!

Last edited by swiper; 09-30-2010 at 11:50 PM.. Reason: forgot to mention more
Appreciate 0