BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-09-2006, 11:35 PM   #1
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Guys i need your help regarding E92 M3

hi guys.. I'm new to the forum but I am a normal user for M3forum.com ... my sn is persanwarlord on it..
But besides the fact. I sold my E46 M3 due to the fact that the warranty is up and I leased an E90 and I want to Grab the new M3 by 2nd year launch.
But now i am havng change of thoughts and I want to give up my E90 and drive a normal (1996 328i) until the E92 comes out .. only 8 months lol... Now my question(s)...

1.Does anybody know if i can still get a good spot on he list...
2.Is there anywer i can ge the car for sticker (no marked up price?)
3.And when i do get on the list, can i order the car the way I want(i.e. exterior color, interior color etc.)

thank you very much guys
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2006, 03:29 AM   #2
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Some help

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_bazeepaymon View Post
3.And when i do get on the list, can i order the car the way I want(i.e. exterior color, interior color etc.)
Sounds like you are not really very excited about the car. But I guess if you are cruising around on all the boards then you deserve at least some reply/help.

1. Shop around. You may have to go out of state depending on the overall size/popularity of BMWs in your state. Folks are still finding great spots but not really in places like CA, NY, etc.
2. You can defintiely get a new M3 for sticker. Even the greedy dealers with huge mark ups do not maintain them for that long.
3. Once BMW releases the complete option list and prices to dealers shortly thereafter you will be able to order a car exactly spec'd out to your liking.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2006, 09:29 AM   #3
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
hi guys.. I'm new to the forum but I am a normal user for M3forum.com ... my sn is persanwarlord on it..
But besides the fact. I sold my E46 M3 due to the fact that the warranty is up and I leased an E90 and I want to Grab the new M3 by 2nd year launch.
But now i am havng change of thoughts and I want to give up my E90 and drive a normal (1996 328i) until the E92 comes out .. only 8 months lol... Now my question(s)...

thank you very much guys
Hey!
I am just curious what actually caused you to sell E46 M3.
Did you have any issues with it or simply warranty was expiring?
I am currently waiting for it w/o putting myself on waiting list because I won't be getting the first year model.
If I was you, I would drive 1996 328i until E92 M3 comes out.
I've always wanted M3 but I decided to wait for E92 M3 instead of E46.
So far according to pictures/rumors, etc., I think I made the right decision of waiting instead of purchasing E46 M3.

1.IMO, most of dealers have long wait lists considering you are from LA, CA.
2.I can't really comment on this since I've never ever bought cars at sticker price unless you are talking about OTD price.
3.No comment.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2006, 11:30 AM   #4
zeebeda
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nissan 350Z, BMW e92 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW  [0.00]
2003 Nissan 350Z  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last E92 M3 View Post
Hey!

Good luck.
Agreed.
I would wait for the E92 ///M3. That's what I'm doing right now.
Being in CA, it will be hard for you to get a secent spot on a list. However, you might be able to find a good spot if you shop around.
I guess it's lucky for me that I moved to Alabama? haha

I hope everything works out for you mate
      12-11-2006, 01:01 PM   #5
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Sounds like you are not really very excited about the car. But I guess if you are cruising around on all the boards then you deserve at least some reply/help.

1. Shop around. You may have to go out of state depending on the overall size/popularity of BMWs in your state. Folks are still finding great spots but not really in places like CA, NY, etc.
2. You can defintiely get a new M3 for sticker. Even the greedy dealers with huge mark ups do not maintain them for that long.
3. Once BMW releases the complete option list and prices to dealers shortly thereafter you will be able to order a car exactly spec'd out to your liking.
sorry for the delayed response ... I dont want to be rude But i am SOOO DAMN EXCITED ABOUT THE CAR... but i do not want to get myhopes up because if id o i will get screwed over... I am still looking to swap my lease and i have 2 people who want to take it.. But i want to be guaranteed a spot.. I am on the forums everyday hoping for a new spy shots etc... I reall hope everything turns out right because i love the E46 sooo much and i hope the E92 makes me happier..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2006, 01:02 PM   #6
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last E92 M3 View Post
Hey!
I am just curious what actually caused you to sell E46 M3.
Did you have any issues with it or simply warranty was expiring?
I am currently waiting for it w/o putting myself on waiting list because I won't be getting the first year model.
I've always wanted M3 but I decided to wait for E92 M3 instead of E46.
So far according to pictures/rumors, etc., I think I made the right decision of waiting instead of purchasing E46 M3.

2.I can't really comment on this since I've never ever bought cars at sticker price unless you are talking about OTD price.
3.No comment.

Good luck.
I sold it because of (a) Warranty and (b) Price is going to depreciate like crazy due to the fact that the new M3 is comming out... I miss the car every day...
but i think will keep the 328i until that new m3 comes out.. hopefully i can get a deal.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2006, 04:48 PM   #7
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

PM or e-mail me if you want a good hook up at Bob Smith BMW in Calabasas. Not sure if you can get one of their first cars, but Bob Smith has a policy of not marking up there cars what so ever, regardless of what style/newness of the car
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2006, 05:12 PM   #8
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerM3 View Post
PM or e-mail me if you want a good hook up at Bob Smith BMW in Calabasas. Not sure if you can get one of their first cars, but Bob Smith has a policy of not marking up there cars what so ever, regardless of what style/newness of the car
Would i get sticker price...
Because I am #1 at Irvine they said sticker.. I would rather get the car from Bob smith if its the same crap and get a loaner i live 5 mins away lol.. it'll be really useful for the servicing
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2006, 10:22 PM   #9
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Pre-order questions

Quote:
I sold it because of (a) Warranty and (b) Price is going to depreciate like crazy due to the fact that the new M3 is comming out... I miss the car every day...
but i think will keep the 328i until that new m3 comes out.. hopefully i can get a deal.
I disagree that the price will depreciate like crazy unless you had a really recent M3. Most used M3s will be at a signiificantly lower price point than the new ones, which will open up a whole different market. A car in the $20ks to 30ks does not really compete with a new one in the $60k range.

That being said, there are may dealers that will accept preorders at MSRP (in writing), my dealer (Rasmussen, Portland) being one of them. As others said, if you are in a hot market area (like LA), you may need to search out of your area. Just get the dealer list from BMWUSA and send out some emails.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2006, 02:49 AM   #10
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:
Would i get sticker price...
Because I am #1 at Irvine they said sticker.. I would rather get the car from Bob smith if its the same crap and get a loaner i live 5 mins away lol.. it'll be really useful for the servicing

If you are #1 at Irvine I wouldn't be worried.

As for Bob Smith, I guess Spencer is a very special customer and more power to him! But in my visits to them, markup on popular cars is the name of the game. When I inquired about the Z4MC back in May, they said "we have one available coming in, 5000 markup" When I inquired about a MINI Cooper, they said "we have never sold one without a markup" Needless to say, I've never bought anything from them because of their "markup or go home" attitude.

I can recommend one local dealer, and that is Pacific BMW in Glendale. They should sell at MSRP. I would check there first... unless you are of course #1 at Irvine.. in that case, I'd just bug the salesguy every now and then to let them know you are serious and anticipating the car. Hopefully they gave you something in writing also.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2006, 10:46 AM   #11
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep

they said when i get them the deposit they will send in all the paper work...
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2006, 07:57 PM   #12
mloyelo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2005 Porsche Carrera

I have had two very strong experiences with the Internet group at Shelly BMW in Southern California.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2006, 08:26 PM   #13
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mloyelo View Post
I have had two very strong experiences with the Internet group at Shelly BMW in Southern California.
would you like to share you very strong experiences lol
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2006, 10:02 PM   #14
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Exclamation Not IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
If you are #1 at Irvine I wouldn't be worried.
Irvine was notorious for not selling at MSRP back when the E46 M3 came out. $10-$15k over sticker. Have seen other high markups as well since then. Not sure if they still have that "policy". I did call them about the list for E90 M3 and don't remember their exact reply but it was either no list yet, won't sell at MSRP or something else that basically all mean the same thing - not selling at list. If you do not have MSRP in writting and a deposit with them I personally would be worried about Irvine.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2006, 12:09 AM   #15
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep

Quote:
Irvine was notorious for not selling at MSRP back when the E46 M3 came out. $10-$15k over sticker. Have seen other high markups as well since then. Not sure if they still have that "policy". I did call them about the list for E90 M3 and don't remember their exact reply but it was either no list yet, won't sell at MSRP or something else that basically all mean the same thing - not selling at list. If you do not have MSRP in writting and a deposit with them I personally would be worried about Irvine.
thanks for the look out
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2006, 12:10 AM   #16
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep

Now i have another issue... a dealer told me the M3 will be in production by may 2007... But then when will it be released?
Its not even released in Germany yet..d oes any1 have any ideas.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2006, 12:39 AM   #17
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Ditto. I called Irvine 4 weeks ago and they said no guarentee on MSRP. I guess they are free to change their mind. I love bmw and all but I hate dealing with their snobby sales.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2006, 11:51 AM   #18
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
Ditto. I called Irvine 4 weeks ago and they said no guarentee on MSRP. I guess they are free to change their mind. I love bmw and all but I hate dealing with their snobby sales.
that sucks... Im glad i have friends in Irvine lol.. They cant gurantee understicker but they can gurantee MSRP Lol.. he is the sales manager lol
Appreciate 0