BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Closed Thread

12-26-2006, 09:21 AM   #1
Danny_Boy
Rep
Drives: Space Gray 335i (en route)

Exclamation I have an idea on how to get the official word of the new M3 production

I have the number for BMW customer relations. I tried calling but I was waiting for 30 minutes and I eventually was disconnected. So the idea was to call BMW and stupidly ask "WHY WAS THE BMW M3, REMOVED OF THE SITE?" Then they would have to give a legitamate answer. The number is 1-800-831-1117. Good Luck!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2006, 11:42 AM   #2
skierman64
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3-E46M3-E46Wagon-E89Z4-E36

Garage List
1994 325is Race Car  [0.00]
2011 BMW Z4  [0.00]
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Hmmmm....

Don't you suppose the answer is going to be, we are no longer selling that vehicle.

If I was BMW NA, that's what I would say.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2006, 12:30 PM   #3
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Boy View Post
I have the number for BMW customer relations. I tried calling but I was waiting for 30 minutes and I eventually was disconnected. So the idea was to call BMW and stupidly ask "WHY WAS THE BMW M3, REMOVED OF THE SITE?" Then they would have to give a legitamate answer. The number is 1-800-831-1117. Good Luck!

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2006, 03:30 PM   #4
Danny_Boy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
Don't you suppose the answer is going to be, we are no longer selling that vehicle.

If I was BMW NA, that's what I would say.
Then you would ask what vehicle might replace the previous one.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2006, 04:30 PM   #5
Milehigh E90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

Quote:
Then you would ask what vehicle might replace the previous one.
Not to be a SMART ASS here, but don't you think the reply would be "A new M3 model sometime in the future..." Or better yet how about "The new model is, SHHHHH don't tell ANYONE, its an M8! With over 800 hp and a 0-60 time in the low 3's, no I mean low 2's, ya that's it low 2's. ALL for under $55,000. I mean $45,000....."
I mean really, have we all sunk to new lows here? Someone answering an 800# at BMW isn't going to "have the goods" on one of the most anticipated FUTURE cars in the BMW line! And if they did give out some info I would be highly suspicious of what ever they had to say.
I MIGHT be more inclined to beleive what I read on the forums over what someone at an 800# tells me. But even that's a real toss-up! I still think that BMW has some tricks up their sleeves on the NEW M3! Or at least, as someone who has money down on one, I hope so. The pictures just look a little to tame for the new M3.

But ONLY time will tell!
      12-26-2006, 06:49 PM   #6
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
And what's the point of this "official" word of new M3 production if so many things are out there already?
NT?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2006, 08:26 PM   #7
Danny_Boy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milehigh E90 View Post
Not to be a SMART ASS here, but don't you think the reply would be "A new M3 model sometime in the future..." Or better yet how about "The new model is, SHHHHH don't tell ANYONE, its an M8! With over 800 hp and a 0-60 time in the low 3's, no I mean low 2's, ya that's it low 2's. ALL for under $55,000. I mean $45,000....."
I mean really, have we all sunk to new lows here? Someone answering an 800# at BMW isn't going to "have the goods" on one of the most anticipated FUTURE cars in the BMW line! And if they did give out some info I would be highly suspicious of what ever they had to say.
I MIGHT be more inclined to beleive what I read on the forums over what someone at an 800# tells me. But even that's a real toss-up! I still think that BMW has some tricks up their sleeves on the NEW M3! Or at least, as someone who has money down on one, I hope so. The pictures just look a little to tame for the new M3.

But ONLY time will tell!
I understand where you are coming from. But first they are company who is based on consumer demand (just like any other company). And if there is no customers then there is no money. I can garantee you that BMW has lost a s#$t load of customers by not introducing the new M3 this year. So if they wish to retain their customers (who have made them what they are today) they should report as soon as possible. And as for the reps giving false information- total bull-crap! They are hired by BMW to give the whole truth and nothing but the truth. NOT GOSSIP. And beyond anything else, before you find "flaws" in my arguement, try calling them first.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2006, 08:27 PM   #8
Danny_Boy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last E92 M3 View Post
And what's the point of this "official" word of new M3 production if so many things are out there already?
NT?
Your going on the sole assumption that "all the things that are out already" are really the new M3.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2006, 09:33 PM   #9
Milehigh E90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

Quote:
I understand where you are coming from. But first they are company who is based on consumer demand (just like any other company). And if there is no customers then there is no money. I can garantee you that BMW has lost a s#$t load of customers by not introducing the new M3 this year. So if they wish to retain their customers (who have made them what they are today) they should report as soon as possible. And as for the reps giving false information- total bull-crap! They are hired by BMW to give the whole truth and nothing but the truth. NOT GOSSIP. And beyond anything else, before you find "flaws" in my arguement, try calling them first.
Ok so while I don't work for an auto company (I work for a consumer electronics company, a LARGE one) I can tell you that we gauge consumer demand NOT by our 800#'s but by doing consumer focus groups, dealer round tables and our sales teams and product/project managers talk weekly. We look at where the market is, where its headed and what the gaps are in the market. AGAIN the 800# NEVER comes into play. And YES our phone reps work for us and are paid to NOT lie to ANYONE! We give nothing but the truth to people who call! However the people on the 800# are some of the LAST to know about new things and where the company is headed. Having someone that "spills the beans" to the competition would cost us big $$! Lose lips sink ships! I (we ALL) can only assume that BMW is the same way. BMW hasn't posted ANY info or pictures so what in god's name makes you think that the people making $10.00/hour answering consumer questions and issues as well as ordering questions would know ANYTHING about the NEW M3? Becasue they work for BMW? I doubt that they sit in on the project planning meetings and know what the latest release dates are for any of their auto's.
They'll tell you "it will be out when its out, that's all we know." End of story!
      12-26-2006, 09:53 PM   #10
Danny_Boy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milehigh E90 View Post
Ok so while I don't work for an auto company (I work for a consumer electronics company, a LARGE one) I can tell you that we gauge consumer demand NOT by our 800#'s but by doing consumer focus groups, dealer round tables and our sales teams and product/project managers talk weekly. We look at where the market is, where its headed and what the gaps are in the market. AGAIN the 800# NEVER comes into play. And YES our phone reps work for us and are paid to NOT lie to ANYONE! We give nothing but the truth to people who call! However the people on the 800# are some of the LAST to know about new things and where the company is headed. Having someone that "spills the beans" to the competition would cost us big $$! Lose lips sink ships! I (we ALL) can only assume that BMW is the same way. BMW hasn't posted ANY info or pictures so what in god's name makes you think that the people making $10.00/hour answering consumer questions and issues as well as ordering questions would know ANYTHING about the NEW M3? Becasue they work for BMW? I doubt that they sit in on the project planning meetings and know what the latest release dates are for any of their auto's.
They'll tell you "it will be out when its out, that's all we know." End of story!
I understand fully.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2006, 10:13 PM   #11
Danny_Boy
Rep

Just give it a try. Who knows maybe something constructive comes out of it.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2006, 07:50 AM   #12
skierman64
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW Z4  [0.00]
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
No lost customers

This is not the first time BMW has not introduced the new body style M3 at the same time it freshened up the 3 series. Both the E36 and E46 M3's came out about 18-24 months after the regular 3 was introduced. Now the E92 is following the same formula. This is nothing new, nor is it suprising to long time followers of BMW. I don't think they're losing any customers over this marketing plan.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2006, 08:31 AM   #13
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Just give it a try. Who knows maybe something constructive comes out of it.

: (You'll get none of this: , with these kind of posts.)
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2006, 01:28 PM   #14
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Your going on the sole assumption that "all the things that are out already" are really the new M3.
So you are saying that it's going to be totally different that what we already know.

Sorry but what are you expecting anyways?
V10 motor in new M3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
This is not the first time BMW has not introduced the new body style M3 at the same time it freshened up the 3 series. Both the E36 and E46 M3's came out about 18-24 months after the regular 3 was introduced. Now the E92 is following the same formula. This is nothing new, nor is it suprising to long time followers of BMW. I don't think they're losing any customers over this marketing plan.
+1
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2006, 08:05 PM   #15
Danny_Boy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last E92 M3 View Post
So you are saying that it's going to be totally different that what we already know.

Sorry but what are you expecting anyways?
V10 motor in new M3?

+1
I'm being the devil's advocate. I thought that was evident.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2006, 08:07 PM   #16
Danny_Boy
Rep

Has anyone even tried?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2006, 09:26 PM   #17
skierman64
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW Z4  [0.00]
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Losing customers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkim0104 View Post
Although, BMW may be losing some of its followers to its competition due to the lack of even some "controlled rumors". I think we may have to come to terms with the fact that while BMW delivers fine products, its competition have now caught up and are producing excellent results in a very appealing package.
While it may be true that some customers can't wait another 10 months for the new M3, it remains to be seen as to whether the competition has caught up. We don't know the final stats nor the final look of the new M3 so we can't say that yet. For me, BMW didn't let me down with the E36 or E46, so I believe they won't let me down this time either.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 09:54 AM   #18
meruyailir
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: E90 325, E70 X5 3.0

Quote:
Has anyone even tried?
Why don't you?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 05:21 PM   #19
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Here's a thought...do you ever come up north? NJ of instance...I literally live across the street from BMWNA on Chestnut Ridge Road in Montvale (my house sits on border of the street in Saddle River) so come by and just go to the receptionist!!! wouldn't it be better to talk to a live person then a 800# ROFL!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 07:11 PM   #20
Danny_Boy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by meruyailir View Post
Why don't you?
Read the first post. Ladies first
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2006, 06:19 AM   #21
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

It was your idea, you should be in charge of seeing any results coming into fruition from it. Especially since everyone else is skeptical of the idea. All I see here is post++
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2007, 06:59 PM   #22
Danny_Boy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
It was your idea, you should be in charge of seeing any results coming into fruition from it. Especially since everyone else is skeptical of the idea. All I see here is post++
How can I gather results, if no one else has even dialed the number.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread