E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Car Died....Possible HPFP

10-13-2010, 08:00 AM   #1
antrot
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11 335i sedan

Thumbs down Car Died....Possible HPFP

So I drove my car to work, left work and went to my second job..a few hours later I start it up and notice that its feeling pretty rough with a nice shake to it. As I let it warm for a few minutes I drive off when suddenly the car starts having seizures, engine light pops on, small engine icon starts flashing and the car starts making a painful dying noise...doesnt end there.
Luckily I was just pulling out of a parking lot so I stopped the car there and luckily not stopped in the middle of the road
I call road side and they tell me they will have flatbed within the next 90 minutes...I live in Vaughan there are tow trucks literally everywhere just hanging around
Nonetheless I wait an hour and a regular tow truck pulls into the parking lot..he tells me he can try and take it because the flatbed is a 4-6 hour delay????? Its a clear Tuesday night come on...
So I told him that i didnt feel comfortable with him towing it so he tells me to leave it over night and they will get a flatbed in the morning...def not leaving my car
I get back in start it up and no flashing lights and the car seems fine....
I was very fortunate that I had a dealer literally 1 km from where I was..so I tossed on the hazards and crawled my way there
I call back roadside and tell them the situation and ask them where exactly i can leave the cara and they tell me to park it on the ROAD AT YOUR OWN RISK..... WTF.... I call for a tow and dont get one then you tell me park at my own risk WTH is the point of having roadside then???? luckily it wasnt winter and i wasnt in the middle of the road
So I parked it in another dealers lot with signs indicating my misfortunes

Anyways I pop in this morning and the SA tells me the car is running real rough and they will take a look at it...... hope it all goes well
Its been pretty rough lately...not fun to drive
Sorry for the rant, but come on I couldnt even get a tow pretty BS
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
antrot
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11 335i sedan

Just got a call...car is still throwing all sorts of codes
Still cant pinpoint exactly what it is..so they have contacted some head tech guy/team to come look at it....
car is 08 no mods and only 25kms
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 02:54 PM   #3
2000gsr
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

BMW assist is garbage.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 03:40 PM   #4
M3fan
Rep
Drives: G35

That sucks, i saw this today.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/10/12/c...afe-causes-un/
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 01:14 PM   #5
t7n7
CYNOSURE
Canada
Rep
Drives: Tesla ModelS - waiting...

hey... hope everything works out! ... no need to be sorry about ranting... that is what this forum is for... really sucks to hear about your towing situation though.. i didn't know BMW assist was that bad...

btw, why is the flatbed necessary? ... i'm asking cuz ur car is rwd..

Quote:
Originally Posted by antrot View Post
So I drove my car to work, left work and went to my second job..a few hours later I start it up and notice that its feeling pretty rough with a nice shake to it. As I let it warm for a few minutes I drive off when suddenly the car starts having seizures, engine light pops on, small engine icon starts flashing and the car starts making a painful dying noise...doesnt end there.
Luckily I was just pulling out of a parking lot so I stopped the car there and luckily not stopped in the middle of the road
I call road side and they tell me they will have flatbed within the next 90 minutes...I live in Vaughan there are tow trucks literally everywhere just hanging around
Nonetheless I wait an hour and a regular tow truck pulls into the parking lot..he tells me he can try and take it because the flatbed is a 4-6 hour delay????? Its a clear Tuesday night come on...
So I told him that i didnt feel comfortable with him towing it so he tells me to leave it over night and they will get a flatbed in the morning...def not leaving my car
I get back in start it up and no flashing lights and the car seems fine....
I was very fortunate that I had a dealer literally 1 km from where I was..so I tossed on the hazards and crawled my way there
I call back roadside and tell them the situation and ask them where exactly i can leave the cara and they tell me to park it on the ROAD AT YOUR OWN RISK..... WTF.... I call for a tow and dont get one then you tell me park at my own risk WTH is the point of having roadside then???? luckily it wasnt winter and i wasnt in the middle of the road
So I parked it in another dealers lot with signs indicating my misfortunes

Anyways I pop in this morning and the SA tells me the car is running real rough and they will take a look at it...... hope it all goes well
Its been pretty rough lately...not fun to drive
Sorry for the rant, but come on I couldnt even get a tow pretty BS
09' X650i loaded hud/comfort/sports/premium/audio/coldweather/power - the beast / 03' G35c electrochromic tints - www.youtube.com/wisht7n7 - the baby / 02' TL internet/satTV/massage seats - the entertainer / 10' TSX - currently modding - Go kart / TESLA MODEL S - Signature Edition #73 2012
Appreciate 0