E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Adjuster tool for rear KW coil overs?

10-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #1
I335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Coupe

Adjuster tool for rear KW coil overs?

Does anyone know if a damping adjuster tool is available for KW coil overs? Yes, I understand you use a 2mm allen wrench at the top of the shock but I'm wondering if anyone makes a tool or a kit to adjust the rear coil overs that mounts to the trunk lining so I don't have to take the trunk lining out every time I need to make an adjustment. I'm thinking it would be something like a tube that you mount between the liner and the shock that you can put the allen wrench down through to make the damping adjustments. I know I can just cut a hole but I'm looking for something that would be a lot more clean and cool - perhaps something that you mount permanently or semi-permanently with a wheel knob at the top.

On a related note, if there isn't anything like that available, would you guys be interested in it if I can make some up? Do all the KWs for our cars adjust the damping the same - with a 2mm allen at the top of the shock?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 03:51 PM   #2
kevin@bavarianx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

I usually poke a small hole right over the rear shock so I can just stick a long allen wrench down there to adjust it. Clean and easy.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
I335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Coupe

Thanks Kevin. Yes, I suppose I could do that but I was hoping there was something already available that just had the adjustment knobs. I suppose I could poke a hole small enough that it would be hard to see, but how hard is it finding the adjuster under it? Perhaps I'll give it a shot and see for myself - can't do too much harm with a small hole. I just need to find a long 2mm allen wrench now...
Appreciate 0