E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Seattle Detailing Get Ready for Spring!!

01-26-2007, 10:18 AM   #1
yamanb
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 328i

Seattle Detailing Get Ready for Spring!!

Hey Guys-

I'm new to the forum and as you can see from my sig I own a G35 Coupe. I'm debating whether to lease a 335i coupe this coming Summer. Anyways, I've been detailing in the area for a while now and was seeing if any of you were interested in getting your rides shined up for the Spring time. Here's what I offer.

1. Full Car Detail: Wash, Clay, Wash, Swirl Removal, 2 Step Polish, Wax. $200
2. Swirl Removal Service: Remove Swirls and Wax. $125
3. Polish/Wax (Zaino): 3 Coats of Z-2 or Z-5, Spray with two coats of Z-8 Sealant. $100
4. Periodic Re-Seal and Polish: Your choice of polish and Seal with Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze or Zaino Z-8 spray sealant.

Products Used: Optimum Premium Polishes, Poorboys SSR2.5, Klasse AIO and HSG, S100 Paste Wax, Zaino Products, and NXT Waxes. Your choice when you choose from the above options.

Here are some pics of a couple clients from last summer.

As you can see, my specialty is on black cars, since they get the most swirls, but I can do any color with the products I use. PM me or email yamanb@gmail.com if you are interested. Drive safe!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2007, 08:08 AM   #2
brocken
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Those cars look great. I have a jet black car and it's a pain!
I use Optimum products and they're great. I've only tried the OP and Optimum Poli-seal so far though. I'm debating if I should get the OC or OHC and get out heavy scratches myself or if I should have it done....
The light swirls I got out easily but there are what looks like heavy brush marks(motorhome brush) from the dealers wash that I couldn't get out with the OP.

p.s. my last car was a 350Z, fun car but the 3 series is a much nicer car to drive and still lots of fun.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2007, 01:39 PM   #3
6SpeedMan
Poor rich kid working
Rep
Drives: 335i soon to be M3

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Nice work man, I would love to see the shop sometime if your local. I actually do all my own detailing but I wouldn't mind have some things done. Maybe a new car prep or something.
      02-07-2007, 08:35 PM   #4
yamanb
Rep

actually, I don't have a brick and mortar store front. I usually just have clients come to my house or if they are close drive over there. I've done a lot of past jobs in the newcastle/bellevue area, so if you are interested this Spring let me know. Thanks for the compliments. Also, what have you guys been paying for new 335i coupe's? I've been looking around the dealers for a black/black coupe and can't seem to find any in the state
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 10:00 PM   #5
antidentite
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: See signature

I have a black/black coupe, but I had to order it.

Ordering is the way to go since you get exactly what you want, and you can also negotiate a slightly better deal since you're not taking from their immediate inventory.

If interested, I can give you the name of my salesperson at Bellevue BMW who cut me a bit of a deal.
Current: '17 Porsche Macan GTS
Current: '04 V8 4Runner
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2007, 08:55 AM   #6
brocken
Captain
Rep

I was leary of Bellevue but had a good experience. I worked with Jay(Peterson, I think).
I bought a 328i which isn't quite as hard to find as a 335 and I got a decent discount. I say decent because i'm used to getting cars at invoice but that's not the norm on BMW's.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2007, 10:38 AM   #7
yamanb
Rep

Sounds like ordering is definitely the way to go. I'm probably going to lease though, since I usually keep my cars for 2-3 years anyway. Are most of you guys leasing or purchasing? Hey brocken, how do you like the 328? I was thinking about going that way since there seem to be a lot more on lots, but the price differential when leasing between a 335 and 328 is not too big, so I'm swaying more towards the 335. If you guys have any connections to dealers please let me know as this will be the first BMW I've driven.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2007, 08:21 AM   #8
brocken
Captain
Rep

Sorry, I didn't see your post. I forget to check this forum.
I really like the 328, it's a great car. If I could have spent an extra $3-4k and waited a bit I might have gotten the 335. Then again, I've had high hp turbo cars and fast sportbikes and find that all they do is get me into trouble...haha
For me, the power of the 328 is more fun because I can really get on it and have fun without getting up to ridiculous speeds. It actually has a nice powerband, plenty to pass and merge onto the freeway.
The other reason I didn't jump on the 335 is it's a first year twin turbo...
That doesn't really matter though if you're leasing the car. Kinda throws out the window my reasons for buying the 328 over the 335. If I was leasing it and knew I'd turn it in I would have gone with the 335, but since I wanted something long term I got the 328 and love it.

p.s. which optimum product do you use for heavy swirls? I'm thinking of having someone remove the heavy scratches the dealer put on my car. Like I mentioned, I got the light stuff out with OP but I'm hesitant to go more aggressive since I'm a noob at polishing. The PC is pretty noob friendly though.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2007, 09:46 AM   #9
yamanb
Rep

I've found Optimum Hyper Compound to be pretty aggressive and really should only be used on heavy swirling. I think you would be fine with some Optimum Compound, which is a less abrasive swirl remover. This is what I use mainly for maintenance every 6 months on my car and customer cars. I just got the new formula for the OC and OP and it works great. I really want to get my hands on the new Poli-Seal that Optimum recently released just to try it out.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2007, 11:53 AM   #10
brocken
Captain
Rep

I have a big bottle of the Poli seal if you want to try some. It's like 32oz which will last me a long time.
I might try the OC...I'm just hesitant to go that aggressive. My wife says just leave it...haha
she sort of understands my obsession but not totally.
Appreciate 0