2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Sirius Satellite Issues

11-14-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
Soon ExAudi Guy
Week 36 Build
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Sirius Satellite Issues

I don't listen to my satellite radio often mainly because whenever I want to listen to it, it says "acquiring signal". It takes minutes for it to tune it. I normally don't wait around for it. I called Sirius once and they sent a new reactivation code (or some other kind of signal that they pushed to my radio) and it worked. But in general, it is not working for me.

What are others finding with the "acquiring signal" message?

I am in the open when I dial in. I am located in the Toronto area.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Sirius reception

Soon Ex, I use my Sirius a lot and have not experienced your condition, other than when I am under an overpass. My guess is that the antenna lead to the Sirius Box might need tightening. I would assume it is in the trunk somewhere.....but as you know, BMW has no longer granted us easy access to these components anymore.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
AVIMAX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: last BMW was 2014 535xd

Mine works perfectly in the Toronto area, never had the "acquiring signal" message, it always tunes in instantly. I have Sirius in another car (Mercedes), and it works just as well. Sounds like something is wrong with yours. Maybe the connection to the antenna, or the antenna itself (on the roof).
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
drewb7787
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 535i Sport AW/Cinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon ExAudi Guy View Post
I don't listen to my satellite radio often mainly because whenever I want to listen to it, it says "acquiring signal". It takes minutes for it to tune it. I normally don't wait around for it. I called Sirius once and they sent a new reactivation code (or some other kind of signal that they pushed to my radio) and it worked. But in general, it is not working for me.

What are others finding with the "acquiring signal" message?

I am in the open when I dial in. I am located in the Toronto area.

Thanks
Mine even works in my garage. None of my other cars do. I have never seen an aquiring signal message. Good luck. I listen to mine almost constantly.
Appreciate 0