BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

BPM

11-26-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
gatoraviator
THE SWAMP '01
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Super Silver GTR

Alex@Alpine A++++

Alex is a stand up guy, very professional, and I have his number on speed dial. He will take the time to talk to you, answer questions, and will not pressure you into anything you are not comfortable with. I bought HIDs from him and he answered all questions I had before and during the install. DO NOT hesitate to do business with him!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2010, 06:12 AM   #2
ooowowizstev
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
+1 for Alex, great guy.
      12-09-2010, 03:39 AM   #3
cwidjojo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite E92 M3

i've been pm'ing, visitor messaging and emailing alex for a period of 2-3 weeks now for a replacement kit. zero response. he sent me a replacement ballast and bulbs, but apparently the problem still occur, so it must be the kit (long cable) itself that's faulty. he last offered me for a replacement for the whole thing as opposed to only the ballast and the bulbs, but thats the last ive heard from him.
now im back to the yellow oem bulbs... sigh...
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #4
bunny
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

What was the problem that you were experiencing?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #5
icyunv
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92,G63,CLS550,458,EVO X FE

i think he got the cold pretty bad, give him a few more days, im sure he will respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidjojo View Post
i've been pm'ing, visitor messaging and emailing alex for a period of 2-3 weeks now for a replacement kit. zero response. he sent me a replacement ballast and bulbs, but apparently the problem still occur, so it must be the kit (long cable) itself that's faulty. he last offered me for a replacement for the whole thing as opposed to only the ballast and the bulbs, but thats the last ive heard from him.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 07:21 PM   #6
CarbonAlpine
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M4

Amazing PR
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 03:06 PM   #7
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

You guys all rock, thank you so much, gives me a warm feel inside.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #8
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyunv View Post
i think he got the cold pretty bad, give him a few more days, im sure he will respond.
haha, thanks for backing me up, wish it was a cold, much worst then that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidjojo View Post

Hey Chris, the timing of your problem was bad (not your fault, just bad timing) I had surgery on Feb 10th, and 4 days before that I was getting ready for surgery, I came out of the Hospital after surgery had to rest for 4-5 days, after that time I got up started doing my regular work and did not feel too good. Couple days after that I found out I was highly dehydrated, and went back in, not to get into too much detail, but lets say I was out until about March 1st.

In between all this I received your package, tested all the wires and kits, replaced everything that I felt that needed to be replaced, which included the ballast, I upgraded your ballast sent it back to you, this is when we found out that you had a loose connection on the ground wire on your driver side. I should have pulled all the wires one by one to see if any was loose, but I did not, and I am sorry for that. You returned your wires to me, I have replaced them with our brand new copper wiring, which is also smaller and less noticeable in the engine bay.

My PM box and e-mail box is just a mess, as I am writing this I have over 300 e-mails and 141 PM's as you can see...

Not giving excuses, just trying to catch up with about a months worth of work, I have people who are calling me, PM'ing me, and E-MAIL'ing me, and I am making it right with everyone. You should have all your stuff right now Chris, and update us when everything is up and running.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 04:03 PM   #9
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

^Now that is customer service
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 09:06 AM   #10
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Kind of odd, Chris posted about this in December of 2010 (could have been sending PM's/e-mails as early November), and you're talking about February in March?

I was really happy initially with my purchase from you but after the issues I had with the error message, then you telling me you'd send me the additional part and then no responses at all (over the last 4-5 months) I just gave up and went with someone else.
      06-02-2011, 08:20 AM   #11
gatoraviator
THE SWAMP '01
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Kind of odd, Chris posted about this in December of 2010 (could have been sending PM's/e-mails as early November), and you're talking about February in March?

I was really happy initially with my purchase from you but after the issues I had with the error message, then you telling me you'd send me the additional part and then no responses at all (over the last 4-5 months) I just gave up and went with someone else.
Who did you go with? I'm having issues with my driver side Halo not coming on 5/10 times I start the car and nobody will reply to my emails at warranty. I've had this issue for about 6 months now. Thinking of scrapping this and going OSS. Not that happy right now, I keep getting the run around here. I'm giving them one last chance to make right until I change/delete this thread.
2008 IB E92 ON BLACK| 6 SPD | NAVIGATION | IPOD W/USB | CF ROOF | 20% TINT | 8000K ALPINE HID | GLOSS BLACK KIDNEYS | PAINTED REFLECTORS | PAINTED SIDE GILLS | TINTED LEDs | H&R SPRINGS | VORSTEINER CF TRUNK | VORSTEINER CF DIFFUSER | VORSTEINER CF FRONT LIP | MACHT SCHNELL | CONTINENTAL |
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #12
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatoraviator View Post
Who did you go with? I'm having issues with my driver side Halo not coming on 5/10 times I start the car and nobody will reply to my emails at warranty. I've had this issue for about 6 months now. Thinking of scrapping this and going OSS. Not that happy right now, I keep getting the run around here. I'm giving them one last chance to make right until I change/delete this thread.

What do you do to get the driver side to come back on after it's not on?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #13
gatoraviator
THE SWAMP '01
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
What do you do to get the driver side to come back on after it's not on?
go through idrive, settings, vehicle, daytime running lights. turn the daytime running lights off, wait a sec, then back on. it usually comes on 9.5/10 times. i really hate having to get out of the car everytime i start the car to see if they come on. also, just because they are on when the ignition is on doesn't mean they stay on when i start it. just a pain in the ass. still haven't heard anything from them so i continue to wait.
2008 IB E92 ON BLACK| 6 SPD | NAVIGATION | IPOD W/USB | CF ROOF | 20% TINT | 8000K ALPINE HID | GLOSS BLACK KIDNEYS | PAINTED REFLECTORS | PAINTED SIDE GILLS | TINTED LEDs | H&R SPRINGS | VORSTEINER CF TRUNK | VORSTEINER CF DIFFUSER | VORSTEINER CF FRONT LIP | MACHT SCHNELL | CONTINENTAL |
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 11:49 AM   #14
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
go through idrive, settings, vehicle, daytime running lights. turn the daytime running lights off, wait a sec, then back on. it usually comes on 9.5/10 times. i really hate having to get out of the car everytime i start the car to see if they come on. also, just because they are on when the ignition is on doesn't mean they stay on when i start it. just a pain in the ass. still haven't heard anything from them so i continue to wait.
oo

but why get out of the car? they're so bright you can see their reflection lol

so if one side is is on, it's easy to tell if the other one isn't lol
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 12:37 PM   #15
Jet335i
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 F96 X6MC, '11 E92 M3

Quote:
I had the exact same issue. Then all of a sudden it doesn't start up at all and been emailing Alex. I understand he's got a lot going on but no responses is pretty annoying. Thinking of just saying screw it and going w another vendor.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #16
nuzey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I am having the same problem now. The driver's side ballast is not working and I am waiting for Alex to send me a replacement ballast. Last time, passenger side's ballast went off too and Alex did an awesome job in sending me a replacement ballast. This time, however, he took a long time to reply my PM and I will be waiting patiently now since I sent the defective ballast over to him last week. Maybe I will call him.
      06-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #17
xchosun1x
Track Duty
United_States
Rep
Drives: Track build 08 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooowowizstev View Post
+1 for Alex, great guy.
+1
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 01:18 PM   #18
gatoraviator
THE SWAMP '01
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
oo

but why get out of the car? they're so bright you can see their reflection lol

so if one side is is on, it's easy to tell if the other one isn't lol
i get out of the car during the daytime when there is nothing in front of me to see a reflection....smart ass.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 02:46 PM   #19
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i get out of the car during the daytime when there is nothing in front of me to see a reflection....smart ass.
haha

i see the lights in the reflection of the car in front of me even in daytime lol
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #20
gatoraviator
THE SWAMP '01
United_States
Rep

got in touch with alex on a thursday. he overnighted me a ballast from cali to va on friday. recieved it saturday as promised, got it installed, and so far no problems. thanks alex!
Appreciate 0