E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > USB Playlist Help! (non-Idrive)

12-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
timbotambo
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d ED

USB Playlist Help! (non-Idrive)

I'm hoping someone can help - I have a 2010 320d with the USB in armrest option but without Idrive. I've copied all my songs into the USB stick exactly as they are grouped on the computer (i.e. by artist).

I have ued Itunes to export playlist in .m3U format and put that into the main body of the USB (all the songs are in a file called "Music"). However, I can't get the car stereo to recognise the Playlists! I've tried putting the .m3u files into different places and that doesn't work either.

The playlists definately have data on them as when I click on it on the computer it opens in Windows Media Player and plays the correct songs!

Thanks for any help!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 03:48 PM   #2
timbotambo
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d ED

OK I figured it out finally - the playlist (after going to 'File' - 'Export Library') was still reading it from the computer and not the car.

So I opened the playlist file on the USB (on the comp) via notepad, did a 'Replace all' for the 'c:/windows.....' etc part and replaced with main file name, which doesnt need a drive letter i.e. just replaced with 'music' as that was the file in which all the songs were stored.

Probably clear as mud!

This is what I found anyway!

http://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19438
Appreciate 0