E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Optimum wheel alighment settings?

12-22-2010, 04:01 AM   #1
spandeli
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 320D M Sport Auto

Optimum wheel alighment settings?

It all started last month when i replaced my rears worn RF Bridgestone. Before the replacement my car felt perfect on the road, but the rear tyres were worn more on one side (left) so we decided to do a wheel alighment as well.

Now after the replacement of the rears, again used RF Bridgestone, my car has lost its sharpness in cornering, doesnt feel solid and steady on the road, not as it used to be at least. It feels a bit like floating than connected on the road as well.

Yes in case you might ask, all the wheel bolts are ok, tyre pressures are as suggested by BMW, so what can it be wrong...

I thought it might have been the alighment setting the guy did to my car, so i decided and took it to another alighmnet center, found some wrong settings from the previous guy, corrected them, but again nothing has changed.

Any idea or suggestions would be highly appreciated..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 05:30 AM   #2
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

There is no such thing as optimum geometry.
Geometry is a presonal thing, the camber/caster/toe you like might not suit me.
Factory defaults give a safe and predictable level of performance versus tyre wear.