ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > Canada
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-31-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
MZHammer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E85 Z4M, F82 M4

Garage List
2016 M4  [0.00]
2006 BMW Z4M Roadster  [0.00]
BMW Clubs Canada

Anyone on here a member of one of the Canadian clubs? Considering joining the Trillium club in southern Ontario, so looking for some feedback. Lmk.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 12:41 PM   #2
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MC Interlagos

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMcanadian View Post
Considering joining the Trillium club in southern Ontario, so looking for some feedback. Lmk.
Good luck - I did their online application twice including credit card - still waiting - 2 + years. They do run a pretty good autocross series and a couple of HPDE's at Mosport each year. I'll need to get serious about joining this year because I want to go to their Mosport events.
SS Race Cans, RE X Pipe, DKF Sec 1, Fabspeed Headers, OE STB, AS Shifter, Dave Z CDV, GC Coil Overs, Stoptech lines, Hawk DTC Pads, RE Clutch Stop, RE Transmission Mounts, Vibra-Technics Engine Mounts, Poly FCAB & RTAB, LeatherZ M Shift Boot, Tekarbon Rear Spoiler, CF Grills, Advan RS DGM
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 01:33 PM   #3
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyshk View Post
Good luck - I did their online application twice including credit card - still waiting - 2 + years. They do run a pretty good autocross series and a couple of HPDE's at Mosport each year. I'll need to get serious about joining this year because I want to go to their Mosport events.
^+1!!!
I want to hit the Mosport Apr event.
I think they also use Shanny as well now.

They updated the website, it works better now.
....reminds me, almost time to renew.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 03:53 PM   #4
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep

SS Race Cans, RE X Pipe, DKF Sec 1, Fabspeed Headers, OE STB, AS Shifter, Dave Z CDV, GC Coil Overs, Stoptech lines, Hawk DTC Pads, RE Clutch Stop, RE Transmission Mounts, Vibra-Technics Engine Mounts, Poly FCAB & RTAB, LeatherZ M Shift Boot, Tekarbon Rear Spoiler, CF Grills, Advan RS DGM
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 04:53 PM   #5
RBull
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

I'm a member of the BMW Club Atlantic here in Nova Scotia. http://bmwclubatlantic.ca/

Last edited by RBull; 01-01-2011 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: update name & link
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBull View Post
I'm a member of the Bluenose BMW club here in Nova Scotia.
Sounds Ghey? You sure it's a car club?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 11:15 PM   #7
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Quote:
I'm a member of the Bluenose BMW club here in Nova Scotia.
That's 'blue' not 'blew"
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 11:39 PM   #8
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep

Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 09:05 AM   #9
RBull
Captain
Canada
Rep

LOL, sounds like you're having some New Years brew. Do you know what a Bluenoser is?

However someone must have agreed with you. The name was recently changed to BMW Club Atlantic.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #10
RBull
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
That's 'blue' not 'blew"
haha
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 11:12 AM   #11
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep

I'll try Trillium again today!

RBull

Had to visit a store in Bridgewater back in June. Swung through Lunenburg on the way back to Halifax. Cool looking place; had a running joke with one of my managers over the Bluenose; he's 28 and had never heard of it - I thought that was one of those basics of being Canadian?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #12
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Quote:

RBull

Had to visit a store in Bridgewater back in June. Swung through Lunenburg on the way back to Halifax. Cool looking place; had a running joke with one of my managers over the Bluenose; he's 28 and had never heard of it - I thought that was one of those basics of being Canadian?
Toss him a dime - its the boat in the picture!!

Over here in St. John's we have started a chapter of the BMW Club which is closely affiliated with the Halifax club. This past year we've had several get togthers for drives; and a barbecue and a season ending dinner at one of the nicer local restaurants. For a mere $50 or so, its a great way to meet other BMW fans and have a whole lot of fun.

Highly recommended!!

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 07:39 PM   #13
RBull
Captain
Canada
Rep

^hopefully we'll meet sometime.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #14
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep

Must be some decent driving roads on the Rock?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #15
RBull
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:

RBull

I'm not talking about the storied fishing/racing schooner, although it's interesting your young guy didn't know it!

The story goes that "Bluenoser" came from the blue coloured slickers Nova Scotia fishermen wore. The dye from the slickers would turn the fisherman's noses to blue when they would regularly wipe their noses on their wet sleeves because of the cold damp sea air.

When Intgr8r was down this summer we took the cars for a run to Lunenburg and back.

Be sure to look us up if you're down again this way.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 09:31 PM   #16
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I'm not talking about the storied fishing/racing schooner, although it's interesting your young guy didn't know it!

The story goes that "Bluenoser" came from the blue coloured slickers Nova Scotia fishermen wore. The dye from the slickers would turn the fisherman's noses to blue when they would regularly wipe their noses on their wet sleeves because of the cold damp sea air.

When Intgr8r was down this summer we took the cars for a run to Lunenburg and back.

Be sure to look us up if you're down again this way.
Likely not the dye from the jackets but the cold wet air on the screech infused noses
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #17
RBull
Captain
Canada
Rep

^you're confusing Nova Scotians with Newfoundlanders. They're the ones who drink screech.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #18
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep

Quote:
^you're confusing Nova Scotians with Newfoundlanders. They're the ones who drink screech.
Sorry - I meant to say that horrible Alexander Keith's beer - Highland Goat Piss
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 06:14 AM   #19
RBull
Captain
Canada
Rep

Those who like it like a lot...as their slogan goes. It's originally from here in Halifax and not the highlands of Cape Breton, but recently announced they've stopped making it locally. Lots of folks around here were upset since it's marketed as being from here too. Ontario puts out a lot of it now I guess.

Quote:
Sorry - I meant to say that horrible Alexander Keith's beer - Highland Goat Piss
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 08:31 AM   #20
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Those who like it like a lot...as their slogan goes. It's originally from here in Halifax and not the highlands of Cape Breton, but recently announced they've stopped making it locally. Lots of folks around here were upset since it's marketed as being from here too. Ontario puts out a lot of it now I guess.
There's a really, really good restaurant beside the Kieth's museum (original brewery site I believe) down by the waterfront called Da Maurizio

http://www.damaurizio.ca/
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 09:48 AM   #21
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Screech is pretty harsh stuff - best left for the hard core drinkers! I've had a few Keith's brews over the years - its nice enough!

There are a few nice roads around the St. John's area that are very scenic. Like most places in the country, the RCMP is everywhere and that means sedate driving most of the time. The Trinity area around the central part of the island is nice too, with lots of great bed and breakfast spots and dinner shows in the summer months.

Cheers!!

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 01:56 PM   #22
RBull
Captain
Canada
Rep

Da Maurizio is/was a great place. It was very handy my office when I worked downtown.

I was reading a few days ago however they were changing their name and menu very soon. Probably since it changed hands in '07 from the original owner Maurizio.

Quote:
There's a really, really good restaurant beside the Kieth's museum (original brewery site I believe) down by the waterfront called Da Maurizio

http://www.damaurizio.ca/
Appreciate 0