BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-31-2010, 11:16 AM   #1
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

6 month lead time for UK orders

Visited dealer today and they confirmed June 2011 earliest delivery date for any new UK orders due to demand (I think the Q5 suffers similar lead time in UK), glad mine is scheduled!

Also spotted first F25 on the road, I thought it was an X5 until it had passed and noticed rear end

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

lets hear what my dealer tells me he mentioned March for January orders.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by inamik75 View Post
lets hear what my dealer tells me he mentioned March for January orders.
I ordered early November with confirmed delivery date of early April

Jan order for March delivery sounds optimisitic unless your dealer has build slots allocated that they can change to your order specification

Let us know what your dealer says

What business are you in? We do a reasonable amount of business in Kenya.

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 12:59 PM   #4
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Visited dealer today and they confirmed June 2011 earliest delivery date for any new UK orders due to demand (I think the Q5 suffers similar lead time in UK), glad mine is scheduled!
Ouch! Glad I got in relatively early but end of Feb delivery would still be 4 months since order date of Oct 25 or 3 months after official UK launch date. US orders seem to get into production more quickly but I guess they are making them for us!

I can confirm Audi Q5 was 6 months lead time back in October.

Quote:
Also spotted first F25 on the road, I thought it was an X5 until it had passed and noticed rear end
I'm still yet to see one. I'm not spending enough time on the road. That said, it would be good if the first one I saw on the road was mine!

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 01:01 PM   #5
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

By the way, the reason I'm posting at 7pm on the new years eve rather than out partying is because I'm in ill in bed!

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 01:42 PM   #6
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
By the way, the reason I'm posting at 7pm on the new years eve rather than out partying is because I'm in ill in bed!
Sorry to hear your ill, we couldnt get a babysitter so we have necked 1 bottle of champagne and have another on ice

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 01:48 PM   #7
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks and enjoy! The very thought of champagne is making me feel worse! Not easy getting a babysitter for tonight, we had the same problem. Jools Holland for us if I can stay awake!

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #8
cooldude00
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x3 2.0d

just ordered one over the wkend and was told possibly May... i guess i'm not seeing it for a while then....
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #9
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude00 View Post
just ordered one over the wkend and was told possibly May... i guess i'm not seeing it for a while then....
That could be a tad optimistic I'm afraid. They do seem to give you optimistic estimates. I was originally told end of Dec and now it's mid Feb (ordered end Oct). The wait is a royal pain in the ass!

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 04:42 PM   #10
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

The only manufacturer-owned dealership in the UK told me May-June ... and that was 3 weeks ago. When I tried my local dealerships they didn't even have confirmed allocations.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #11
marmite
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

I spoke to that dealership too, I was asking about probably delivery dates of the 3.0d.
I was a bit skeptical. They said (or implied) how they were given preferential over other dealerships in terms of allocation. The cynic in me, thought they were overstating it, but i don't know how much true there is in it really - I only have their word right?
The other dealers gave the same estimated production/delivery date periods and have have thus far provided more information.
Appreciate 0