E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Poor feedback for a Nick Alexander service advisor

01-07-2011, 11:37 PM   #1
qtrlifecrisis
Scenic Artist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 335i

Poor feedback for a Nick Alexander service advisor

I had a great experience buying at Nick Alexander, but a poor experience with their service department. My service advisor told me he'd call me friday afternoon when I dropped it off friday morning, but it was new years eve and i know how much i was thinking about the weekend at that time. It wasn't till the following thursday that I received that call. On top of that, they didn't do everything pointed out in the walk through.

I brought the car in for a few reasons;

1. They hadn't detailed it when I bought it because it was pouring rain. I thought it would have been pretty pointless to do a detail then. So on the final day my car was at the dealer, he told me it takes 6 hours to do the detail, when at the time of sale they said it takes less than an hour. Now, if they actually spent six hours on the car, I'd be a happy man. But upon receiving it, they obviously rushed it.

2. The windshield was cracked in two spots when I purchased the car. I noticed the cracks on my test drive, and told the salesman that I saw them. They are small and not in a easy area to see(bellow vision when sitting behind the steering wheel), not to mention it was pouring rain. Whoever teched the car could not have seen the cracks on the windshield with the rain. I only noticed it myself once the windshield wipers were on, from inside the car. Well upon getting it back to the dealer to get everything taken car of, they insisted that there was no way possible that the car could have passed tech to get on the lot with two cracks. At which point I told him about the door panel that wasn't properly installed(before my purchase), and was barely hanging on, and asked him how that passed tech. He didn't have an answer for me.

3. Like stated above, the door panel had been removed prior to my purchase and not re-installed correctly. I have no idea how it passed tech. The window molding between the two windows on the rear door was also installed incorrectly and is warped beyond repair. I requested that both of these be fixed, however only the door panel it self was taken care of.

4. I also pointed out two small dents on the driver's side of the car, that were definitely not visible at the time of purchase as the car was soaking wet, and neither whoever released the car for sale nor myself could have spotted them under those conditions. These still remain on the car, and there is no note of them on the paperwork received at the time of pickup.

5. The brakes. The pedal wasn't as high as the other 335i I had test driven 30 minutes prior. Think of how you jump into someone elses car and the brake pedal feels squishy and low. This is what I experienced, and it was immediately pointed out within the first fifteen feet of my test drive.

Completion list;
1. Complete - Detail was completed. Rushed, but completed.
2. Incomplete - It was expected that I would take th blame for this, but I pointed it out before I signed anything on the car, and was assured that everything that needed to be taken car of on the car would be.
3. Incomplete - The door panel was installed correctly, but they didn't fix/replace the molding that is warped.
4. Incomplete - I did NOT see these at the time of sale. It was pouring outside, the car was wet. This was a problem by both parties.
5. Unkown - The pedal is still squishy, and there I didn't find any notes about it on my paperwork.

1 out of 5, not bad.....

During my car's 7 day stay at the dealer, it underwent the current recalls for the injectors, HPFP, and software update. Paperwork states that they replaced the pump and did the software update, but only replaced one injector. I was assured on the day that I dropped my car off that everything that was needed to be done would take "a couple days at max". I was able to get a hold of the service advisor on tuesday afternoon and wednesday afternoon after a handfull of calls each day. At which point, I was promised a phone call early the next morning in both instances, that wasn't delivered until thursday, which was the first call i received since bringing my car in for service after 3 promises and 7 days.

I would like for these issues to be taken care of, but after the service I received, I've got a bad taste in my mouth.

So I want to find another dealer for service, or use a different service advisor next time. If you guys have any recommendations, please let me know.

Cheers,
-Mark
      01-08-2011, 12:03 AM   #2
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d

Garage List
They're known for having a terrible service dept.
I bought a car from them quite a while back... the Sales Manager was cool but I got it serviced there twice and never again.
Good sales. Horrible service.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 12:10 AM   #3
qtrlifecrisis
Scenic Artist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulBailey@ltbmw View Post
They're known for having a terrible service dept.
I bought a car from them quite a while back... the Sales Manager was cool but I got it serviced there twice and never again.
Good sales. Horrible service.
Where do you go now? Hey did you happen to get my PM the other day?
      01-08-2011, 12:22 AM   #4
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Widebody 92

Since you're in BBank I'd go to Center in VN or Pacific in GDale. I personally haven't been to Center, but been to Pacific. I've dealt with a couple of SA's at Pacific and they've all been cool.

Out of all the SA's I've dealt with at Pacific, I'd have to say my favorite is Marco. Guy is super cool and treats you like you would expect to be treated.
Appreciate 0