2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums CANADA Budds BMW Refuses To Service my cars

02-07-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
canucks89
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M roadster, Afe, remus

Budds BMW Refuses To Service my cars

I have been a loyal BMW owner since 1998. Over that period I have owned no fewer than 13 BMWs and 2 Minis in our family (Z3Ms and Z4Ms, 5 series, 3 series, as well as several M3s). Four of these vehicles were purchased at Budds and all of the service for these cars was done at Budds. In my recent attempt to buy a new 5 series at Budds, I was told that I would have to wait for a March production car (April Delivery) to get what I wanted. Having found another dealer who would change their February production car to my specs, I decided to order from them as I am leaving on a trip in early April.
Against this background, I received a call from Budds this morning saying that my business was no longer welcome and that they would no longer service any of my cars (currently have 2 BMWs and 2 Minis) going forward. I guess doing all my service there in the past and buying 4 cars in 12 years is not enough to be respected as a client at Budds. Note that a call to BMW Canada customer service was next to useless as well, as they told me they are only responsible for building the cars and each dealer is independently owned and operated. In short, each dealer can do what it wants without repercussions.
Spread the word...I am still speechless at their response.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

It's their loss, especially if you change/buy cars that often ...

If you reside in the City of T.O. why not go to either Parkview or Downtown (same owner group) for the servicing. As for me thus far, servicing has been good at Downtown.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
canucks89
Enlisted Member
Rep

Service has not really been a problem in the past. It is just the fact that Darryl Budd felt the need to black list me from all service going forward just because I did not buy this car there....unbelievable
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Sounds like the management is acting like a 'spoiled brat'.

If I were you, I would forward comment to BMW Canada .... although, they would not do anything, at least they have something in their file ... perhaps, post this up @ their lunch room for a good laugh.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
bmwpwer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550

I am not surprised. I too have owned many BMWs and was once denied a test drive at Budds Oakville. I know it will not be convenient, but I can tell you that Budds in Hamilton is Awesome and I moved to them from Oakville many years ago and have been very happy. There is something odd about the Oakville location
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #6
canucks89
Enlisted Member
Rep

I will never buy or recommend Budds to anyone ever again....not Oakville, not Hamilton, not Jaguar, not GM, or any of the other brands they market. ...end of story...
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 12:55 AM   #7
Refujeet
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7

Agree with most of the comments. I've always experienced poor customer service from Budds' dealerships.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 07:49 AM   #8
iksenna
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 SINGAPORE GREY

Thats good to know. I was debating whether to use Budds for servicing, but not any more.
      04-04-2011, 08:34 AM   #9
2000gsr
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Every time I go into budd's it seems as though the service advisers have a chip on their shoulders, almost a cocky attitude and its getting old.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 02:35 AM   #10
ptan55
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3MC

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Try BMW of Mississauga.
I can get my US BMW serviced there under warranty, even...
Plus they also provided me the free shuttle.
      05-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #11
sieben1973
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 "dark grey" 528i

Budds Hamilton service is terrible
if you are east of Hamilton use Waterloo, great service
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #12
dean1145
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Is everyone missing the bigger picture

I just had my local dealer BMW of Bakersfield (Bakersfield CA. USA) do the same thing to me. I have two BMWs both under warranty and service warranty. I had several runins with the service manager because he refused to cover items under the factory warranty.

The first item was when my car was two months old and the passenger side ground effect spoiler became loose. A plastic peace thatbehind the spoiler had apperently broke and they said it was from damage. The however could not whom me any signs of damage on the spoiler. My argument was that since there was no sign that the spoiler was damaged it could just be a defective part. He refused to do anything at all not even contact BMW to see if he could cover it since there was no sign of damage.

I called BMW on it and was told that there was nothing they could do they have no control over what the dealer thinks is or isn't covered by the warranty. There is no process to review anything a dealer says or does.

There were two other items that I felt I received poor service on and now I am banned from the dealership. The next closest dealership is 75miles away. That isn't very convienent.

I feel there should be a class action law suit against BMW for not holding their dealerships accountable and not providing any review of their practices. I personally will never buy another BMW because of their poor service There is no accountability
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2011, 10:06 PM   #13
AC_S5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 523i

The problem with the dealers is that they have full discretion of what they can and cannot do. They don't have to worry about not getting stock from BMW as there are no relations between customer satisfaction and them being an authorize dealer or not.

This is actually bad for BMW's business, take Lexus for example, you go in their dealer, they treat you great all the way and I would buy a Lexus just because the way they serve you and treat you like a customer. The thing with BMW dealer is they have a take it or leave it attitude because their sales is not affected by customer satisfaction as most drives BMW are loyalist and rarely take a look at some other brand.

During my days in Toronto, I brought the car from Maranello, service it there once and I found the SA super unhelpful and blame me for some defects in my car, I never went back for service or do anything with them. Town and Country is always busy, BMW Autohaus is by far the most friendly dealer I have dealt with and can always hook me up with a courtesy car if I book the appointment in advance.

My take is don't get too attached to one dealer unless you are a close friend of the owner.
2005 E60 523i, 1999 E39 523i, 1998 E46 323i
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #14
wifesbimmer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '20 X5 M50i, E92 M3, '16 F150

I will also make a note that I never go to Budds in Oakville. I think it's just one of the charateristics of the city. The city itself is full of cocky rich people. I once got a service manager at Oakville Volvo fired for such racist service. My mother took her 3 year old Volve S80 about ten years ago which at the time was the most expensive Volve they produced. I don't remember what happened very vividly but I recall calling Volvo Canada to complain. A few months later, we visited the dealer again for a service and he was no longer there. We laughed our heads off dropping off the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #15
jjpinpin
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Xdrive

That's brutal. I bought my F10 at Performance in St. Catharines but considered Budds since I work near there in Oakville. I have also considered having my car serviced there but after this story I'll steer clear, thanks for the heads up.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #16
pokerface
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP

Interesting item came up in the news today that implicates both BMW Canada and Budds:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...ayvehicle.html
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 10:20 PM   #17
VWtoBMW
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpinpin
That's brutal. I bought my F10 at Performance in St. Catharines but considered Budds since I work near there in Oakville. I have also considered having my car serviced there but after this story I'll steer clear, thanks for the heads up.
I'm a customer of Performance as well. Have bought 3 cars there in the past 2 years. Never had an issue and prices are very competitive.
      01-05-2014, 07:57 PM   #18
AC_S5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 523i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfraser View Post
I've been selling and servicing clients in Oakville for 29 years at only 2 locations. I have been with Budds' BMW since 2002. If my clients ever have an issue with their BMW they know that I'm always there to help and "who you buy from is as important as what you buy" is my firm believe and I stand by it. If you are looking for a World Class BMW purchase and service experience, great value, and different kind of car buying and ownership experience. One that puts you first above all else. Call or email me Cliff Fraser. Email cfraser@buddsbmw.com
Direct office line 289 291 5115
Dude, I don't know what you meant when you posted poor advice on my wall.

All I know is, if you treat your customer right, they will come back to you and everyone is entitled to post and share their own views in this forum. So poor advice on my part or not, that is for the reader to judge.
2005 E60 523i, 1999 E39 523i, 1998 E46 323i
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 11:03 AM   #19
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

i think Budds is owned by the same owner as BMW Toronto, if so, steer clear. I brought my 335 in a year ago, battery was almost dead but car is fine. Decided to go to independent shop to have it programmed and installed. BMWToronto wouldn't believe me that the ind. shop can program and sure enough I find a "check engine" light turned on. RMP was the local reputable shop and they verified that the dealership turned it on for nothing...a$$holes I only deal with Maranello BMW now
      01-27-2014, 11:04 AM   #20
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWtoBMW View Post
I'm a customer of Performance as well. Have bought 3 cars there in the past 2 years. Never had an issue and prices are very competitive.
can you provide your CA details? im looking for LCI F10