E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > What to do is your SA or BMW dealer isn't proving adequate service

02-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
reign528
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
What to do is your SA or BMW dealer isn't proving adequate service

I've had my fair share of trouble with SAs and BMW dealers and what always seems to work is hitting them hard in the surveys they ask you to fill out via email. Now Im obviously only condoning you lie but if you have an actual problem they are not addressing or if they are giving you the run around. Just be sure to bash them hard and write that you will address the problem with BMW NA.

The 3 times I've done it I've gotten calls from the managers of the dealers, got to sat down and speak with them in person and not only did they fix my issues they offered me extra perks. Full car detail (hand wash/wax),
New interior aluminum trim, New shifter knob, Free car battery replacement (at 49.5k miles), and a few other little things.

I've had my fair share of squabbles with these dealers and in the event that I leave with them telling me they wont replace X,Y, and Z or that its not covered when it really is then filing out the surveys seems to change their minds a bit. It only take 10 mins of your time and is more convenient than calling BMW NA and complaining and such.
      02-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

Nothing wrong with that at all, they send the survey out to get feedback. You are telling them about your customer experience. If they throw a perk your way for being honest with them and helping them improve the service all the better. Win for both.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
dmw16
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2005 ///M3

I try to be answer those types of surveys carefully keeping in mind that a person's pay (or at least bonuses) are tied to them.

If the dealer or SA isn't doing what they need to be doing then I will be sure to express that in the survey and it does typically prompt an acceptable response.

However, if they did a good job I go out of my way to score them well. Like I said, I try to be mindful of the ramifications of an answer.

As an example:

A friend of mine worked at a Subaru dealer for a while in sales. He sold a guy a car and on the post-sale survey when asked if he'd buy another car from that dealer he said he would not.

My friend called the buyer and was told the only reason he answered that way was because the buyer was military and was about to get transferred. Despite this my friend missed out of a fair bit of money due to the survey.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
username604
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
I haven't really delt with dealers that much, but i read before that giving them a bad ratings does nothing but piss them off, further ruining your "relationship" between them.
I remember reading that giving them a good rating even if their service was subpar, would make them nicer.

Then again, your "method" sounds a lot better, if not more honest.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 12:17 PM   #5
saeyedoc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 Carrera S, 2013 Panny GTS

What a joke, I never even got a survey for the 3-4 times I brought my car in for HPFP problems last year. The local dealer here admittedly posts fake reviews on websites, a friend of mine caught them and ended up on a local news show.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #6
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Go ahead and give them all zeros, but don't dare ever have your car serviced there again, you will be black-balled. Seriously, dealing with BMWNA is like fighting city hall, changing dealerships is about all you can do. In some areas they're all crooked (metro areas), and you have to really drive into the suburbs...
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #7
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
Go ahead and give them all zeros, but don't dare ever have your car serviced there again, you will be black-balled. Seriously, dealing with BMWNA is like fighting city hall, changing dealerships is about all you can do. In some areas they're all crooked (metro areas), and you have to really drive into the suburbs...
Nice attitude. no wonder you guys have problems with service advisers.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #8
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kaccordocoupe View Post
Nothing wrong with that at all, they send the survey out to get feedback. You are telling them about your customer experience. If they throw a perk your way for being honest with them and helping them improve the service all the better. Win for both.
The dealership I switched to exceeded my expectations, so I gave them a positive survey. Now my name is on their website. The next time I needed a quote on the windshield, the SA didn't return my 2 messages nor did the service manager. LOL But I signed a release so now I can't have my name removed from their website.
Appreciate 0