BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-19-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Exclamation Automuseum Schloss Langenburg

AUTOMUSEUM SCHLOSS LANGENBURG

Automobilmuseum
Schloss 1
D-74595 Langenburg

Tel.
+49 (0) 79 05 - 94 190 34
Fax +49 (0) 79 05 - 94 190 66

eMail: museum@schlosslangenburg.de

http://www.deutsches-automuseum.de/

Hours: 11am to 4pm Tuesday thru Friday.
10:30am to 5pm Saturday & Sundays.

Closed from Nov 2nd thru April 15th. Open in the Spring thru Fall. Closed on Mondays. Check the website!

I am not sure which is better, the museum itself or the drive to the museum! The first time I drove to the Automuseum Schloss (Castle) Langenburg – I just could not believe how picturesque the road that leads up to the Castle (exit #44 taken from the A6 autobahn up to Langenburg ). There is even an old wood covered bridge on the way to the Castle. Once you are at Schloss Langenburg… the museum is situated in an old horse barn… while across the street is one heck of a gorgeous garden that looks down the basin – you just drove up. There is also a very nice castle next door to the museum/barn. They have hourly tours of the castle too.

The Automusuem is kind of small, but quite charming. They seem to have a connection with Porsche (somehow) because the museum always has some uber rare Porsche’s on display. Everything from the half motorcycle half tank track NSU to Ferry’s birthday car (a four door and stretched 928-S), to a flat eight 914/8.

Langenburg is located quite close to the A6 and A81 autobahn crossing. It is also near by to Rottenburg – the famous midevil German village.

Enjoy,
Dackel

Schloss Langenburg

Schloss garden overlooking the valley bellow...

Automuseum coutyard...

Enterance...

Not your average distributor!

Made in Flacht. Many know Porsche’s are made in Zueffenhausen, a suburb of Stuttgart. And Porsche Motorsports is based out of Weissach. But actually, Weissach test grounds are actually in a small village of Flacht. Weissach is the nearest town – so that is what everyone knows Porsche Motorsports by. The motorsports guys had a laugh when they built Porsche’s LeMan’s racers.

Porsche’s Indycar racer…

A nice Jag!

Ferry’s four door 928S

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List