2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Calendar in Office

02-23-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Calendar in Office

Please jog my memory........does anyone with the various phones on the market with OS6 (or some other operating system that can support "Office") have the Calendar function? What makes me ask is that I was looking at one of the latest BMW informational video's showing the Office functions.

I would suspect this is part of the software upgrade that will be coming to us later this Spring. Just wanted to confirm whether or not anyone had the Calendar function now.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
Soon ExAudi Guy
Week 36 Build
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Not available yet. I suspect it is part of the upgrade from BMW. OS6 has the MAP facility, but the issue appears to be related to BMW opening up the functionality. There is a side of me that wonders if perhaps it is available in Europe but not in North America. It is not always clear to me why BMW does certain things on this side of the ocean (usually it limits full functionality....e.g. the trunk that can open and close with the remote, the internet access via iDrive, auto close mirrors).
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon ExAudi Guy View Post
Not available yet. I suspect it is part of the upgrade from BMW. OS6 has the MAP facility, but the issue appears to be related to BMW opening up the functionality. There is a side of me that wonders if perhaps it is available in Europe but not in North America. It is not always clear to me why BMW does certain things on this side of the ocean (usually it limits full functionality....e.g. the trunk that can open and close with the remote, the internet access via iDrive, auto close mirrors).
Thanks Soon Ex..........which should now be "Completely Ex"!

I thought that was the case but could not remember. Seems like BMW is doing their utmost to support I-Phones now, can't say I don't blame them, but would be nice to keep up with other Smart Phones as well. The whole 6NR is just another case of not having the latestest technology, which is fine with me since I have a Blackberry. It's just the thought that one would think they would have coordinated this new technology introduction a little better than they have. I like you really wonder why some of our North American features have been dummied down.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 03:46 PM   #4
bike99
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F15 25 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghueser View Post
Please jog my memory........does anyone with the various phones on the market with OS6 (or some other operating system that can support "Office") have the Calendar function? What makes me ask is that I was looking at one of the latest BMW informational video's showing the Office functions.

I would suspect this is part of the software upgrade that will be coming to us later this Spring. Just wanted to confirm whether or not anyone had the Calendar function now.
Using Nokia E72 I can see in the office section my calendar for today. Some meetings are doubled - I have no idea why. and I have no navigation, so I use the small version of the screen.
Appreciate 0