E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Headlamp Auto Leveler

02-25-2011, 05:27 AM   #1
jonsteele
Old enough to know better!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport, Le Mans Blue

Garage List
Headlamp Auto Leveler

Got mine booked in for this, but just wondered if anyone had experienced it so I can challenge the stealer if they try to bullshit me!

I have noticed, whilst sat in stationary traffic, that my auto levelers are constantly moving the headlamps up and down. It doesn't always do it, but when it does it can be on level or inclined roads. I've also now noticed it doing whilst moving.

Any thoughts?
Le Mans Blue/18" Alloys/Bi Xenons/Climate Screen/Black, Heated Dakota Leather/6 CD Changer with Dension 500/Power Mirrors/M3 Lip Spoiler/Gloss Black Grills/Through Load, Storage pack, Lumbar Support, Smokers Deletion
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 05:30 AM   #2
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Have you got adaptive headlights?

Mine adjust themselves when stationary sometimes, a kind of updown/left right movement - like the cars has gone boz-eyed.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 05:34 AM   #3
jonsteele
Old enough to know better!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport, Le Mans Blue

Garage List
No, just normal Xenons - they have always done it when the car is started, but are now doing whilst sat in the car parks that are known as our motorways - get some odd looks from other drivers!
Le Mans Blue/18" Alloys/Bi Xenons/Climate Screen/Black, Heated Dakota Leather/6 CD Changer with Dension 500/Power Mirrors/M3 Lip Spoiler/Gloss Black Grills/Through Load, Storage pack, Lumbar Support, Smokers Deletion
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 03:32 AM   #4
Captain Chaos
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: cars n stuff

Jon, mine was doing EXACTLY the same thing over the Christmas period. Dealer had a look at it a couple of weeks ago (tyypically it had stopped doing it for a couple weeks before) and said they couldn't find anything and there were no error codes (I'd already checked for that and there weren't).

Annoying, because I had been getting quite irritated by it and wanted to know what it was, but as it's gone away again I'll just hope that it doesn't come back.

You're not the only one it's happened to, so that may offer some comfort, but unfortunately I can't help you by telling you what fixed it..
      02-26-2011, 08:13 AM   #5
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

Whilst doing my suspension upgrades I noted how corroded the ball joints on the levelling links were.
Pulled the plastic/metal link arms off, cleaned up the ball ends and greased them.
Did this front and back.
Maybe yours are sticky too?