E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Costelli & Pardini's Body Shop in San Mateo, California

03-04-2007, 12:27 AM   #1
2007/335i/coupe
Falling in Love with German Boost
Rep
Drives: 335i, E350, Accord EX, GSXR750

Garage List
Costelli & Pardini's Body Shop in San Mateo, California

Here's my original post showing the damage
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45727

I finally got my car fixed after a lengthy process with the other person's insurance company. They accepted full liability for the accident since she backed into my car while it was parked.

I ended up taking my car to a body shop located in San Mateo, California called Costelli & Pardini's. I was recommended to the shop by my cousin, who took his E36 M3 there to get a complete jet black paint job and I was impressed with their overall quality of work. The are located less than a mile away from Peter Pan BMW, the same dealership where I got my car. Peter Pan also uses this shop for repairs and I always see classic cars or BMWs including an E60 M5 as well as a Z8.

The person who handled my claim at the shop was Frank and he was very helpful and informative throughout the whole process. I am familiar with bodyshops since I used to be a magnet for accidents and been to at least 3 different shops over a span of 10 incidents, none of which were my fault. Frank explained the insurance process, helped me get a rental from Enterprise and arranged for the rental to be picked up after I dropped the rental back at the shop when my car was ready to be picked up.

The repairs took approximately 7 business days. Frank said he would've been able to get it done a bit sooner however BMW sent him hoods that were damaged and he refuse to repair it thus returning the damaged hood and spending a couple days waiting for a new one to come in.

Overall, the quality of work is what I expected. Paint is clean and smooth. Fitment is virtually spot on. Car was in clean condition, as if it rolled off the lot brand new. It felt like getting another car again! This shop also offers a lifetime warranty on the paint job and even provided a full color folder containing the work order and warranty information.

I'd recommend this shop to any BMW owner that expects quality work for their cars. However, this shop is not cheap. The total repair bill dinged the other person's insurance company just over $3,100.00 The age old cliche applies here... you pay for what you get.

Here are some photos...

No bumper? Still looks good to me

Finished! :rocks:

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2007, 01:03 AM   #2
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

nice
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2007, 06:57 AM   #3
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Very nice! Glad to see your baby back in good health. You should have asked them to paint out those ghastly reflectors for you!

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2007, 10:32 PM   #4
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
how mcuh to repaint just a front bumper?

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 12:37 PM   #5
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
You should have asked them to paint out those ghastly reflectors for you!
i concur!

looks good though!