BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
130iguy
I'm Riley, I'm awesome
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 Comp

Newbie from Australia

hey guys been lurking on here for a while but i figured that i had better do a proper intro thread now that i have something worth talking about.

so in case you didnt get it from the title i'm one of the aussies on here, from one of the eastern states Queensland.. i roll with the boys from JDMST/Downshift

this is how we do

http://www.downshiftaus.com/?p=273

up until now i have had a few cars none of which are really worth talking about and i have been biding my time until i was able to get a car i wanted at i price i like, looked at an e36 m3 a few months back but finally settled on this and picked it up on monday:

(sorry about the shitty pics i've only had it for 2 days and its a bit dirty)

a 2006 BMW E87 130i. (6spd manual) is got the N52B30 engine making a stock 195 kW (262 hp) @ 6650 rpm and 315 N·m (232 lb·ft) @ 2750 rpm making it the fastest car i have owned to date :rofl

it was fitted with the "M" package when new and handles amazingly

my future plans are to get some Enkei NT03+M's for it in 18x8.5 +38 depending on how the measurements come out this might change and maybe some decent coils to get that low that it kinda needs, i am waiting on a response from a "local" (over 1000km's away) BMW tuning house on a price for some KW springs to suit so we'll see..

anyway this is my "other car" a 1968 Holden Ute, as you can see i have spent a bit more time in doing up the old girl.. it was my first car i got when i was 15 and i have been madly in love with it ever since..

when i got it

and now

oh and i recently acquired this to go in it as well

i look forward to posting some more pics/progress soon
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 08:23 PM   #2
130iguy
I'm Riley, I'm awesome
Australia
Rep

basically i am looking for some tips on good "inital" bang for your buck modifications.. also if anyone in brisbane is interested in coming to a GOOD monthly meet just let me know
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 05:42 AM   #3
One_M
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: Black 07 120i M Sport

Hey mate, Im on the Gold Coast, I have a 120 with the D spoke 18's and M Pack.

I've thought extensivelly about lowering the car, If i ever do , I will be going with AP Coilovers, I've had them in the past and there is just nothing bad I can say about them. I have had K Sports in the past, and I can say nothing good about them.....

Having said that, its all relative to what you want. The K Sports are aimed at the American/Japanese type of market...race and drift..trust me you will probably have the shits with them in 3 weeks..not to mention, if you get hyme joint strut tops youll end up getting sick of NVH and knocks from the bearing plates...you got a Beema, go better, go German stuff. I had AP's in my HSV VXR, lowered it 80 mm and it traveled like standard, Im not kidding you, they are fabulous..there is a big difference between German/European and the rest..

Jamie.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 06:45 PM   #4
130iguy
I'm Riley, I'm awesome
Australia
Rep

cheers for the advice man, i was looking at KW's as they have set up a few 130i race cars.. but i'm got the "m pack" in those so i'm hesitant to do any suspension mods as its not ever going to be a race car.. i was thinking maybe get some BMWP springs.. at this point in time i'm just looking to get a new set of wheels so if you want to buy the wheels and RFT that are currently on it let me know :P
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 06:41 PM   #5
One_M
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: Black 07 120i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130iguy View Post
cheers for the advice man, i was looking at KW's as they have set up a few 130i race cars.. but i'm got the "m pack" in those so i'm hesitant to do any suspension mods as its not ever going to be a race car.. i was thinking maybe get some BMWP springs.. at this point in time i'm just looking to get a new set of wheels so if you want to buy the wheels and RFT that are currently on it let me know :P

Dont get me wrong, the K sports are, for the purpose inteneded, what you essentially get...but with a daily driver, I'd be looking at the AP's or KW.

Do you know Byron Hayes? has a black GTi with green mesh wheels..
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 05:13 AM   #6
130iguy
I'm Riley, I'm awesome
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_M View Post
Do you know Byron Hayes? has a black GTi with green mesh wheels..

dont know him personally, i think i may have met him once..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 01:22 AM   #7
Franco
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: TiAg E87 130i M Sport

Congrats on the purchase. The 130 is a fantastic car. Could always be a little bit quicker but has a fantastic mix of style, luxury, usability and performance.

I am in Brisbane and am always looking for guys that like to go for a good drive. Send me a message the next time you and your mates go for a cruise.

Love the hip hop in the clip!
Appreciate 0