E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Combine diesel tuning box with DPF removal

03-06-2011, 05:48 AM   #1
nikolausv
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D

Combine diesel tuning box with DPF removal

Hi

I am thinking of installing a diesel tuning box on my 320D 2011. This box has 3 connectors so it is more advanced than the the ones with only 1 connector to the Common Rail system (measures RPM and increases turbo pressure as well). The best option would be to remap the ECU but I want to be able to remove the box before workshop visits and I don't want to jeaopardise the warranty. Has anyone combined these kind of tuning boxes with DPF removal (or actually replacing with a similar DPF that has been stripped insied)? Will I get error codes since I am not adapting the ECU software to the removal of the DPF? Thanks for your advice.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

You should post this in the UK and European sub forums - there will be a much higher probability that someone on those boards will have experience with the D.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 05:03 AM   #3
tscdennab
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW  [6.24]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolausv View Post
Hi

I am thinking of installing a diesel tuning box on my 320D 2011. This box has 3 connectors so it is more advanced than the the ones with only 1 connector to the Common Rail system (measures RPM and increases turbo pressure as well). The best option would be to remap the ECU but I want to be able to remove the box before workshop visits and I don't want to jeaopardise the warranty. Has anyone combined these kind of tuning boxes with DPF removal (or actually replacing with a similar DPF that has been stripped insied)? Will I get error codes since I am not adapting the ECU software to the removal of the DPF? Thanks for your advice.
Are you aware the BMW just released the BMW Performance Power Kit for 320d ? The power is upped by 16hp to 200hp and the torque is increased by 40Nm to 420Nm. A larger intercooler and radiator fan is also included in the kit. Maybe this suits you until your warranty expires...
Appreciate 0