E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 330D E91 LCI Clutch shake

03-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
Captain SlowCoach
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI 330d Touring Manual

330D E91 LCI Clutch shake

Fellas . . .

Got a 330d E91 LCI Manual - only done 7k to date, seems to be get a bit of a dose of clutch shake at low revs (particularly reversing, when you dont really want many revs).

Before I go scuttling off to the dealers and just to arm myself with a bit of knowledge - whats the usual outcome - quick search shows it as a bit of a problem (but I cannot face spending hours reading the whole search log . . . ) . . . .

So: is it 'They all do that Sir, so s*d off', or can it be sorted??

Captain SC

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
Pwalo
Private
England
Rep
Drives: 118d m sport Le Mans blue 2009

Hiya, Ive got a 325d which uses the 3litre engine and the same gearbox - if you mean a judder when letting the clutch out like its slipping slightly, then I had a similar experience with mine last year. One of the guys I work with explained the BMW fit something called a CDV (Clutch Delay Valve) to the clutch hydraulic system which is essentially a ball bearing in a housing - it lets the clutch fluid flow through quickly when disengaging the clutch but it prevents the clutch being dumped quickly as it restricts the fluid flowing back when engaging the clutch - he removed his it was apparent that it felt much smoother and crisper without the valve in place. Hope this helps, Paul
Appreciate 0