E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Exhaust shop around Decatur?

03-18-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
grandmoff
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335i M-Sport 6MT

Exhaust shop around Decatur?

Hey folks, I am looking for a reputable shop to weld up my Cyba tips I should be picking up today. Anyone know a shop around Decatur/East Lake they would trust? I am willing to drive but would rather someone closer to home if possible. Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
grandmoff
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Well I settled on Meineke Car Care #171 at 1145 Hemphill Ave. right off 14th Street. They had a ton of great reviews so I thought I would check them out. Derwin did an awesome job and it was far cheaper than I had expected. Great guys and really paid close attention to detail. I highly recommend you give them a shot if you need exhaust tips installed
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
NiVeDh
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmoff View Post
Well I settled on Meineke Car Care #171 at 1145 Hemphill Ave. right off 14th Street. They had a ton of great reviews so I thought I would check them out. Derwin did an awesome job and it was far cheaper than I had expected. Great guys and really paid close attention to detail. I highly recommend you give them a shot if you need exhaust tips installed
Cool, not too far from Tech. A little late but I have gone to S&S Muffler on Northside (near 10th) for cutting and welding new tips on and for welding Eisenmann mufflers to my Rennart midpipes. They have somewhat inconsistent pricing but usually it's very cheap. I paid $25 and $100 respectively. They do a decent job but you're allowed to watch so if you nudge them in the right direction, it ends up better.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
grandmoff
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
Cool, not too far from Tech. A little late but I have gone to S&S Muffler on Northside (near 10th) for cutting and welding new tips on and for welding Eisenmann mufflers to my Rennart midpipes. They have somewhat inconsistent pricing but usually it's very cheap. I paid $25 and $100 respectively. They do a decent job but you're allowed to watch so if you nudge them in the right direction, it ends up better.
Yeah I think that was the best part. I watched the whole time. I got to walk in the garage and see it from every angle after he tacked them up. Then once we were happy he did the final welds.

Oh and I guess I need to get up with you sooner or later for some hot coding action =)
Appreciate 0