E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Need help on 2011 328xi Sedan Mods

03-22-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
BMITF
Rep
Drives: 3 series 2011

Need help on 2011 328xi Sedan Mods

hi, I got my car (Sap. Black) last year and decided to mod it b4 the summer starts. I am thinking to lower my car with coilover and also using 18" VMR V710 Matte Black rims. Hankook summer tires. I already did my angel light, but I need help on the fog light.

-Which brand coilover is good?
-Is 18" VMR V710 too small or too big?
-Is Hankook summer tires alright?
-Since 2011 light plug is different than the previous years ones, I dunno which brand is good and turn out to be no error signal. (Looking at 6000k+)

My total budget is around $3000 CDN to $4000 CDN at max, is that enough? Thanks for everyone's help in advance!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
Adj5633
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Screws

1- The only brand I have experience with is KW a close friend of mine got them installed over a year ago and they are still great even after a harsh Montreal winter. They also ride great in my opinion, brings out a sporty character in the car. I am personally going to go with shocks and springs (bilstein/H&R for xi)

2- Totally up to you, I personally think depending on the wheel style 18's can sometimes look bigger than they are. Performance and comfort wise 18's are probably a better choice (more tire side wall and generally lighter). 19's are da bomb but hey I am content with my style 284's 17 inch lol

3- Hankook v12 ventus seem to be a good bang for your buck tire. Many members use them also check out continental dw as a dedicated summer tire. I personally use michelin ps2's, they are a great tire and relativly cheap for 17's, they might blow your budget on 18's or 19's.

4- I have no idea about fogs lol

Don't be afraid to most of the time you will find everything you are looking for.

Happy modding!
Appreciate 0