E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > 17" M Sport wheels wanted - feeler

03-23-2011, 05:45 AM   #1
sukder
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Car

17" M Sport wheels wanted - feeler

I may be buying a 320d M Sport which comes with 18" M Sport wheels fitted as standard.

I would prefer 17" wheels as the roads where I live are terrible. I'll be fitting non RFT to the 17's anyway but I would like the extra 1/2" of rubber to help absorb the potholes etc.

If anyone out there has a mint set of 17" M Sport wheels that are 8J front and 8.5J rear that they'd be willing to sell, please could you post here so I can see if it's financially viable for me to change?

I check eBay on a regular basis and there seem to be the odd single wheel for sale but not many (if any) sets. Certainly not in good condition anyway.

Of course if anyone's interested in swapping a set of 17's for my 18's, that could be arranged also.

I've also asked the dealer if they'd swap before purchase but no reply as yet.

Many thanks for the help and any advice in advance!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 05:53 AM   #2
Grale
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i MSport F30

I have a set that i will be removing very soon, there in very good condition with just a couple of minor marks, good all round runflat tyres.
I would swap them for the 18's or sell them if the price was right

Where are you based as i'm from rochdale, manchester
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 06:04 AM   #3
sukder
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm based near Oxford so not an unreasonable distance for a day out!

What sort of money would you be looking for for your wheels please? I don't mind if tyres are included or not.

Would you be prepared to meet halfway somewhere if we can come to an agreement?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 06:25 AM   #4
Grale
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i MSport F30

That's a long day out!

tbh i don't think they go for very much, £350 - £400 i couldn't sell without tyres as that would reduce the price too much and be left with unwanted tyres.

I really need some winter wheels, i have a feeling my 19" will be battered with the roads around if i left them on all year round!!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 07:38 AM   #5
edfinkle
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M sport

I've got a set of 17's too - Runflats all round, two back ones need changing soon. Not in the best of nick, although one rear wheel is brand new. Can post pics if you like - would be looking for a swap for your 18's if poss, with some money your way. Im based in cambridge. Ed (same ones as in Chrismac recent post on here)
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 08:01 AM   #6
sukder
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Many thanks for the offer. I'm looking for some wheels that are in mint condition really as the 18's I am either selling or swapping will be and I would prefer not to have the hassle of getting the 17's refurbed before fitting. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 08:03 AM   #7
sukder
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

A bit of a long day out I know but for those of us who love driving..!

Many thanks for the offer.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 08:16 AM   #8
ChrisE91
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91 320D M Sport

Once I collect my car and check the condition of the wheels I will be in touch for a swap.
      03-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #9
kil2002
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Hi,

I have a set of 17" M sports. 2 goodyear run flats with plenty of grip. The the two fronts are budgets. One has very good grip other slighlty less, as i had to change one due to a nail in the sidewall.

Cant remember exactly but one of them has minor kerbing.

Ill take £300 ono and based in Birmingham.

Ahmed.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 06:43 PM   #10
jabroni80
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F11 520 M Sport Touring

I also have a set 17" m sport alloys in mint condition- no curb marks. Two new front Tyres back two 1-2 mm tread left.

Tony
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #11
sukder
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukder View Post
I may be buying a 320d M Sport which comes with 18" M Sport wheels fitted as standard.

I would prefer 17" wheels as the roads where I live are terrible. I'll be fitting non RFT to the 17's anyway but I would like the extra 1/2" of rubber to help absorb the potholes etc.

If anyone out there has a mint set of 17" M Sport wheels that are 8J front and 8.5J rear that they'd be willing to sell, please could you post here so I can see if it's financially viable for me to change?

I check eBay on a regular basis and there seem to be the odd single wheel for sale but not many (if any) sets. Certainly not in good condition anyway.

Of course if anyone's interested in swapping a set of 17's for my 18's, that could be arranged also.

I've also asked the dealer if they'd swap before purchase but no reply as yet.

Many thanks for the help and any advice in advance!
Many thanks for all the offers.

My hand was forced a bit with this last night somewhat when I discovered a half inch screw in one of the tyres. Had horrid drive home on flat tyre.

I had been considering non-RFT for a while and so I splashed out on a set of 4 for the 18's which I will now of course be keeping.

The ride is much better on the new tyres and I love the look of the wheels.

I've just now got to replace one of the wheels because it's buckled slightly. The tyre fitter noticed it during balancing but I have not had any vibrations or other sign of the buckle. He said it would not even have been picked up in an MOT test. I find this worrying given it's supposed to be a safety test for the vehicle.

Anyhow, thanks again!
Appreciate 0