E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Laggy accleration

03-26-2011, 05:26 AM   #1
BMITF
Rep
Drives: 3 series 2011

Laggy accleration

I bought the 2011 328xi sedan last april. When I first drive it, the car lags at time. I thought its normal since its new car. but up to this point, the car still lags at time to time. For example, I m going at 40, and I tried to step a bit more to accelerate, at that point, I felt lag through as I tried to accelerate. this problem happens often. In comparison to my mom's toyota, that problem nvr happened. I am just wonder is it normal for bmw to lag? My bmw frd told me he had the same problem with his 07 328i. Does anyone have the same problem as I do?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 10:53 AM   #2
kramerica72
word.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 LCI

It sounds like you are describing the throttle response on your car. BMW's with a drive by wire thottle have poor response at best--options to help include a tune (search AA), a BMS PBX (need to wire into the ECU, but not terribly difficult), and a Sprint Booster (plugs into back of your gas pedal--5 min install)
Appreciate 0