E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar > XM Commander ready for Custom Install

03-17-2007, 06:20 PM   #1
varkdriver
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

XM Commander ready for Custom Install

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
This is a complete, new XM Commander Kit that has been modified to fit perfectly in the sunglass instert accessory for E90's. I spent several hours sanding and shaping the headunit factplate to precisely fit the countours of the sunglass insert for the best, factory look. The faceplate is held in with GE Silicone but the headunit will snap out if desired. Mounting is very solid, clean and looks great. The sunglass insert is new and purchased from my local BMW dealer. The trim piece from your car will need to be snapped in place for the final look. See the DIY section- this is a very easy job.

The XM kit is new, and never installed and comes with remote and all accessories including remote, cables, antenna, power supply, headunit extension, instructions, etc. This setup also includes a 7ft Monster Cable Y cord ($39) for the complete installation. You get the XM Commander Kit, Sunglass Insert, and Monster Y cord. I have $220 invested plus four hours of sanding and fitting to get the best possible look. I'll take the first $165 including shipping to your address.

I was all the way up to install when my wife offered to buy me the $500 Sirius unit. This would make a sweet setup for someone who wants a clean look and XM to boot without spending the big bucks. See my Ebay feedback ("varkdriver") for references.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2007, 10:50 PM   #2
s4iscool
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

nice setup! i know how much it takes for a clean oem like install in there!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 12:17 AM   #3
spacedogg
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Debadged

awesome job....bump for a great product.

i'd buy it...but i'm not overally thrilled with my own experience with sat radio...thinking of cutting the contract...
Appreciate 0