E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Making intial payment and monthly payments. What forms are accepted by BMWFS?

10-03-2005, 12:00 PM   #1
Accounting4Speed
Kind of a Big Deal
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Making intial payment and monthly payments. What forms are accepted by BMWFS?

I was just wondering if BMWFS will permit you to make your initial purchase payment and/or your monthly payments via credit card? It makes sense for me to use it because I get a few citibank rewards. Anyone that's in the "know" chime in. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2005, 12:57 PM   #2
nostrum09
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

For the deposit on my E90 ($1,000), I put it on a credit card (hooray for reward points!), so unless you're putting a huge amount down, there shouldn't be a problem. Even if you are putting a lot down, the dealer might allow it -- just check with them first, and of course make sure you have the available credit on your card (even AMEX cards have limits I believe, they just aren't disclosed, so each charge is handled on a charge-by-charge basis from what I understand).

I just logged on to BMW's Owner's Circle, and it doesn't appear you can make payments via credit card. I also signed up for paperless statements, so I can't say that on the paper statement they don't provide you with credit card payment options.

I suppose if you really wanted to, you could put the whole thing on a credit card, and if your rate is low, you'll have decent monthly payments. Be advised, however, that recent changes have made minimum payments on credit cards 4% of the balance, not the 2% it had been. So in effect I think it would be impossible to pay for the car for any longer than 25 months (I'm probably ignoring some math which would alter that length but a little, but 25 is probably about right).
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2005, 07:54 PM   #3
chrissal1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i

I will get picking up my 325 in the next few weeks. I put the max the dealership would let me put on my credit card - 5.5k. If they would have let me, I would have put about 15k on the card...oh well.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2005, 06:57 PM   #4
Choon
Boost Me!
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostrum09
For the deposit on my E90 ($1,000), I put it on a credit card (hooray for reward points!), so unless you're putting a huge amount down, there shouldn't be a problem. Even if you are putting a lot down, the dealer might allow it -- just check with them first, and of course make sure you have the available credit on your card (even AMEX cards have limits I believe, they just aren't disclosed, so each charge is handled on a charge-by-charge basis from what I understand).

I just logged on to BMW's Owner's Circle, and it doesn't appear you can make payments via credit card. I also signed up for paperless statements, so I can't say that on the paper statement they don't provide you with credit card payment options.

I suppose if you really wanted to, you could put the whole thing on a credit card, and if your rate is low, you'll have decent monthly payments. Be advised, however, that recent changes have made minimum payments on credit cards 4% of the balance, not the 2% it had been. So in effect I think it would be impossible to pay for the car for any longer than 25 months (I'm probably ignoring some math which would alter that length but a little, but 25 is probably about right).
AMEX has no limit (my parents have it)