04-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

Garage List
Desperate for 1M take-off video footage

Attention All 1M owners....I would really appreciate video footage of the 1M in driving motion, (preferably from within the cock-pit) and stand-still to take-off footage. Additionally, video of the interior would be wonderful
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
N55_BBM
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquedemon View Post
Attention All 1M owners....I would really appreciate video footage of the 1M in driving motion, (preferably from within the cock-pit) and stand-still to take-off footage. Additionally, video of the interior would be wonderful
+1
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #3
superchargedman
Captain
Rep
Drives: The ///Mbulance: 1M AW

What about Wlksftlys YouTube vid?

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #4
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchargedman View Post
What about Wlksftlys YouTube vid?
those videos are very much appreciated and they are exactly what has spurred my curiosity for more clips of the 1M in action....This thread is directly appealing to those who have already received or are about to take delivery of their 1M! Some diverse footage of engine performance and interior would be greatlyy appreciated....I am still waiting for my BSM 1M to go into production
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #5
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
those videos are very much appreciated and they are exactly what has spurred my curiosity for more clips of the 1M in action....This thread is directly appealing to those who have already received or are about to take delivery of their 1M! Some diverse footage of engine performance and interior would be greatlyy appreciated....I am still waiting for my BSM 1M to go into production
So what number on the list are you? I'm in Jax and on the list as well
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #6
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
So what number on the list are you? I'm in Jax and on the list as well
wOWOWW FINALLY ANOTHER FLORIDIAN, ive been asking around to see if there are others in florida who ordered.. Actually I live in Jacksonville but I ordered it from Critz BMW in Savannah GA, where my parents live, bc its a smaller dealership compared to TOm Bush in Jax....I am number 1 at Critz and still haven't received a production number. My sales rep said that as soon as the car goes into production it'll be assigned a production number. I am contemplating ED...if not they will ship it to Spartanburg SC, where I'll be given a free run on the track with their 1M before I pick up my own Black fully loaded 1M....What about you????
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #7
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
wOWOWW FINALLY ANOTHER FLORIDIAN, ive been asking around to see if there are others in florida who ordered.. Actually I live in Jacksonville but I ordered it from Critz BMW in Savannah GA, where my parents live, bc its a smaller dealership compared to TOm Bush in Jax....I am number 1 at Critz and still haven't received a production number. My sales rep said that as soon as the car goes into production it'll be assigned a production number. I am contemplating ED...if not they will ship it to Spartanburg SC, where I'll be given a free run on the track with their 1M before I pick up my own Black fully loaded 1M....What about you????
Awesome! Well, my story is a little more complex. I ordered at Tom Bush BMW of Orange Park because I personally dislike much of the personnel that works at Tom Bush BMW on Atlantic. By ordering at Orange Park, I have been "#1" on the list as well, however, things got a little sticky a few days ago when I found out the following: it turns out that the Orange Park dealer is what they call a "satellite" dealer; what this means is that it is simply an extension of the Atlantic dealer, so in reality, I am #4 on the list since the Atlantic store sold 3 1M's before I decided to order mine. They have been allocated 3 cars for sure, therefore as you could imagine, I have not been in the best mood this week upon the news, given that I may not see a car at all, depending on how this allocation game turns out.

Do you know if your dealer in GA will be getting a second car at all? I have called many dealers all over FL and even some in GA.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #8
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Awesome! Well, my story is a little more complex. I ordered at Tom Bush BMW of Orange Park because I personally dislike much of the personnel that works at Tom Bush BMW on Atlantic. By ordering at Orange Park, I have been "#1" on the list as well, however, things got a little sticky a few days ago when I found out the following: it turns out that the Orange Park dealer is what they call a "satellite" dealer; what this means is that it is simply an extension of the Atlantic dealer, so in reality, I am #4 on the list since the Atlantic store sold 3 1M's before I decided to order mine. They have been allocated 3 cars for sure, therefore as you could imagine, I have not been in the best mood this week upon the news, given that I may not see a car at all, depending on how this allocation game turns out.

Do you know if your dealer in GA will be getting a second car at all? I have called many dealers all over FL and even some in GA.

Wow, I am reallly sorry to hear about this whole "satellite" dealership business. I can definitely feel your pain...As far as my dealer goes, it seems that they were having trouble getting anything past this one single allocation (maybe bc they are a much smaller dealer) however, I am unaware of their exact allocation numbers. From what I remember he mentioned something about 2 allocations every six months meaning 4 total for the year at Critz BMW in Savannah GA...Here is their information
(7000 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31406-2400
(912) 354-7000)
I dont think it can hurt at all to call and ask them...The personnel working there are extremely helpfull and I have done previous business with them
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 06:24 PM   #9
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
as far as I know....I was the only one on the list...and I placed my deposit 2 weeks ago...I think the #2 spot is still vacant.....give it a try
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 06:26 PM   #10
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Wow, I am reallly sorry to hear about this whole "satellite" dealership business. I can definitely feel your pain...As far as my dealer goes, it seems that they were having trouble getting anything past this one single allocation (maybe bc they are a much smaller dealer) however, I am unaware of their exact allocation numbers. From what I remember he mentioned something about 2 allocations every six months meaning 4 total for the year at Critz BMW in Savannah GA...Here is their information
(7000 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31406-2400
(912) 354-7000)
I dont think it can hurt at all to call and ask them...The personnel working there are extremely helpfull and I have done previous business with them
Yeah man, very sketchy stuff with the satellite dealer thing. It's almost like they don't know if they can come through, but they rather put the order in, even at the expense of the customer's hopes. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the info...right before I read this reply of yours, I had already called but they close at 6:30pm, so I will try first thing in the morning!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 06:28 PM   #11
Ky1M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Z3-M///Coupe ,AW1M

Quote:
Quote:

(7000 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31406-2400
(912) 354-7000)
7:28 and 128 calls to the dealer!! Lol
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 06:28 PM   #12
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
as far as I know....I was the only one on the list...and I placed my deposit 2 weeks ago...I think the #2 spot is still vacant.....give it a try
They are closed, but I will call first thing in the AM. I don't care about the wait, as long as I am guaranteed a car. Thanks man!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 06:32 PM   #13
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah man, very sketchy stuff with the satellite dealer thing. It's almost like they don't know if they can come through, but they rather put the order in, even at the expense of the customer's hopes. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the info...right before I read this reply of yours, I had already called but they close at 6:30pm, so I will try first thing in the morning!
Yea thats true, I have noticed that the dealerships are more keen on collecting deposits without even giving assurance of an allocation....perhaps some of this is due to the haphazard marketing of this car by BMW (limited production capacity etc)....
Yea give them a call tomorrow, I was just speaking to my rep over there this morning about any updates (i think im getting on his nerves)
I sincerely hope that either tom bush gets a 4th allocation or that Critz has a 2nd one available for you....I think we would be like 2 of 5 or 6 1M's in North East FLorida if you can get your order placed....we will ahve to organize some sort of 1M jacksonville summit
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 06:35 PM   #14
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yea thats true, I have noticed that the dealerships are more keen on collecting deposits without even giving assurance of an allocation....perhaps some of this is due to the haphazard marketing of this car by BMW (limited production capacity etc)....
Yea give them a call tomorrow, I was just speaking to my rep over there this morning about any updates (i think im getting on his nerves)
I sincerely hope that either tom bush gets a 4th allocation or that Critz has a 2nd one available for you....I think we would be like 2 of 5 or 6 1M's in North East FLorida if you can get your order placed....we will ahve to organize some sort of 1M jacksonville summit
Thanks for the wishes...I've actually become very frustrated with the allocation issue, after calling my rep literally 2-3 times a week, but I finally gave up on the pressing phone calls and have started contemplating an M3 as a second option, though I truly prefer the 1M.

We have a group of BMW drivers here in Jax, and we get together quite often for fun times, whether it is a photoshoot, driving around, or taking the cars on some twisties. You're welcome to join anytime!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 06:42 PM   #15
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for the wishes...I've actually become very frustrated with the allocation issue, after calling my rep literally 2-3 times a week, but I finally gave up on the pressing phone calls and have started contemplating an M3 as a second option, though I truly prefer the 1M.

We have a group of BMW drivers here in Jax, and we get together quite often for fun times, whether it is a photoshoot, driving around, or taking the cars on some twisties. You're welcome to join anytime!
Yea i can understand your frustration, I am in a similar mood since my dealer doesn't even know when I can expect my order to be processed (start the production of my order.) I keep getting time frames of "anywhere from 6 weeks to 4 months!!!) I can only imagine your situation with the Orange Park dealer...

Wow I had no idea there is a BMW club in JAX. Thanks for the invitation and hopefully when I get the 1M (and you too) we can organize something.

I have a feeling that even if it might take a little longer, you will get an assured allocation either at Tom B or critz...if you are willing to wait then I would recommend you stick with your plans for the 1M...however, understandably, your M3 choice is by no means a bad one
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #16
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yea i can understand your frustration, I am in a similar mood since my dealer doesn't even know when I can expect my order to be processed (start the production of my order.) I keep getting time frames of "anywhere from 6 weeks to 4 months!!!) I can only imagine your situation with the Orange Park dealer...

Wow I had no idea there is a BMW club in JAX. Thanks for the invitation and hopefully when I get the 1M (and you too) we can organize something.

I have a feeling that even if it might take a little longer, you will get an assured allocation either at Tom B or critz...if you are willing to wait then I would recommend you stick with your plans for the 1M...however, understandably, your M3 choice is by no means a bad one
I hope you're right so that I end up owning one!

Yeah man we have a group of people and we get together every now and then. Check this out, this was a photoshoot not long ago:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...hlight=nas+jax
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #17
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I hope you're right so that I end up owning one!

Yeah man we have a group of people and we get together every now and then. Check this out, this was a photoshoot not long ago:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...hlight=nas+jax
Wowww those are some amazing pictures on the base! I love your 135...ill be interested to hear your comparisons if/when you get your 1M / between the two
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 07:06 PM   #18
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Wowww those are some amazing pictures on the base! I love your 135...ill be interested to hear your comparisons if/when you get your 1M / between the two
Thanks! That's when it was loaded with BMW performance add-ons...I have sold everything with the exception of the performance suspension...but I am looking forward to being able to compare both cars first hand.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 03:19 PM   #19
hwelvaar
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i MT

torquedemon and 1SerieStud:

We want to see videos in this thread.
Maybe you could take the "Floridian" discussion into another thread, or via PM ?

Edit: apparently torquedemon is the OP. Change the title of the thread to "Floridians and their 1 series" ?

Last edited by hwelvaar; 04-27-2011 at 03:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #20
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwelvaar View Post
torquedemon and 1SerieStud:

We want to see videos in this thread.
Maybe you could take the "Floridian" discussion into another thread, or via PM ?

Edit: apparently torquedemon is the OP. Change the title of the thread to "Floridians and their 1 series" ?

you are more than welcome to post videos if you have any....I apologize for the high jacking
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 04:54 PM   #21
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List

some new footage of the 1M on the slalom
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 05:02 PM   #22
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Nice find! That's some pretty good acceleration at 0:48.
Appreciate 0