BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-29-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
CatnipAddict
Rep
Drives: 2011 116i

First 2000 km:s with my brand new 116i

First 2k on a BMW and...WOW! Iīm so happy I chose a bimmer, because even looking at it brings a smile on my face . On the road it feels like a precision tool...a comfy one. You know how it is...

However, I also have a few issues that have sparked discussions with the dealership:

- I ordered the car with winter tires installed. After a few weeks i noticed that the code on the side of the tire said that they were made in late 2006! After many discussions and games they tried to play (canīt play me, because Iīve sat on the other side of the desk too), I finally dropped the tires in this week to be swapped for free for a set of fresh ones. Hope everything goes well...

- In the winter the cruise control kept disengaging on every uphill. I thought it could be due to traction control, but the light doesnīt come on, when the cruise goes off. Now that the roads are dry, it still does it on some uphills. I booked the car for a checkup on 13.5.

- I started to investigate, why the right side rear door doesnīt shut as easily as the other side. I noticed that the plastic housing on the inner side of the door meets the rubber seal before the metal (damn you, Regensburg plant quality control!). This will also be on the agenda on 13.5.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Welcome! You have hills in Finland?
Appreciate 0