home
E46 M3 Coupe and Convertible Forum General E46 M3 Forum

03-27-2007, 01:07 AM   #1
Sick Speed
Speed
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92 Coupe

Corner Balancing

Has anyone had their M corner balanced? I am debating but would like some feed back if available. I know it is designed to significantly improve the handling but I would like some first hand experiences.
      03-27-2007, 06:25 PM   #2
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
most folks that I know that gets them done are the ones that puts on coilovers, since you are messing with the dampening it kinda requires tweaking the car weight disturbution from what I understand. For it does need it on track cornering, but if you re just street why bother

Last edited by ase2dais; 06-06-2007 at 02:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 05:14 PM   #3
ZeroG
Private
Rep
Drives: '04 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Speed View Post
Has anyone had their M corner balanced? I am debating but would like some feed back if available. I know it is designed to significantly improve the handling but I would like some first hand experiences.
My track car is corner balanced near 50/50 with 1/2 tank of gas and me sitting behind the wheel.

If you have coil-overs it is a must, and is one of the only reason one would get a coil-over IMO. The car will just feel so balanced and track completely flat into turns. There is also a plus. Because of the equal weight distribution you can change both tires on one side of the car at the same time with one jack.
Appreciate 0