E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Manuals, Invoice/MSRP Pricing, Buying Guides, Bulletins, etc. > Looking To Leaase 335i Sedan

05-30-2011, 12:23 AM   #1
Rex32
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i x-drive

Looking To Leaase 335i Sedan

Hey Guys,

Looks like I am finally going to be getting a new car, and one I have wanted for so long!

I'm pretty bummed to learn the 335i Sedan no longer has the twin turbo, but at this stage in my life I'd prefer to do a three year lease rather than purchase a 2010... I think

Are there any major performance downsides to loosing the twin-turbo? I'm sure this has been discussed infinitely and I will do some searching but the only thing I intend to do to this car is the Proceede, does it provide the same results with the newer twin-scroll single turbo as it did with the twin-turbo N54 engine?

I'm going to want the M-Package, Navi, Comfort Access, and Heated Seats. I'd love Park Distance control but it is a small car, I'm sure I can park it and I rarely parallel park these days anyway. What do you guys think I could be looking at lease payment wise?

I've always been told put zero down on the lease for the car but if I could get GAP insurance would it be okay to trade-in our old Audi A4 that is probably only worth $2k to help bring down the monthly payments a tad?

What is the current residual on the 2011's? Is it better because they are about to change the model and there won't be a 2012?

Lastly, is there a 4 year lease option? I figure since the warranty and maintenance program cover 4 years, I can help spread out the initial deprecation over 4 years rather than 3... proper thinking?

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

-Mike
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 09:34 PM   #2
mikeith
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i. TiAG

im in your boat! already had a dealer look for a 2010 and they "said" that there are no 2010's anywhere and even if there were they dont qualify for a "new" lease program and would be considered a used lease which is pointless.

i would like to get a sponser/dealers input on it though whether or not there is truth to what i was told
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 09:39 PM   #3
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Here are all the current residuals for every BMW model: http://www.leasecompare.com/car_leas...grams-May-2011

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 01:32 AM   #4
HomieTheClown
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: the speed limit....NOT!

Wouldn't the benefit of having a single turbo over a double is less parts to break down? So less maintenance.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 01:18 AM   #5
Ty Vil
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M4

The single turbo is a much better engine - it's more responsive.

BMW FS includes GAP as part of your lease.

Payment is specific to the car and terms negotiated as well as local tax and license fees...
Appreciate 0