E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > no response in z4 forum, please help!

06-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
mexicobmw
First Lieutenant
Mexico
Rep
Drives: car

no response in z4 forum, please help!

Hello everyone, well I am looking into buying a 2011 z4 30i in Miami FL I want it to be:
Exterior : red; either crimson or melbourne (melbourne has to be m sport and 550 more) I dont think it is worth it?
Interior: Black
Tramnsmision: automatic
Extras: navigation.
the mrsp on the website is : 54,800 for the melbourne and 50,400 for the crimson

The only problem is I am from México city and don’t really know any good dealers around Miami and even more important what is a good price to pay for one. I will be paying cash (as I can not lease). Do I ask for invoice?, below? or if there are no one spec like this one and it has to be orderd do I have to pay mrsp?? how does it work

thank you very much in advance

diego
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
Kylekuu
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi, 84 318i

if you like melbourne, then get it - otherwise you'll regret it later

chances of finding a exact match will be hard, so if you are SET on the options you want - you probably won't be able to negotiate.

if your flexible with the options and color you want and your paying in cash, then you can ask for invoice or close to invoice - on something they have on the lot and want to get rid of. However be ready to walk at any time if they don't give you the deal you want on a car from the lot - assuming you want the best deal

if you are going to order one to those specs, then you start negotiating - then you can talk about ED for best savings and a trip, otherwise i would start with talking to the sales dude and ask about invoice pricing or 1000 over invoice etc.

on a side note: when i ordered mine, i pretty much skipped all the details about the car - it was a pretty quick process - went in told my sales guy i wanted these options and looking at prices close to invoice. Guy didn't have to pitch me one at all, so maybe that helped with me getting invoice. Just don't be a dick and act like you own the place and carry yourself well and be nice to the sales guy, make it easy for them and you might get better pricing..imo

Last edited by Kylekuu; 06-13-2011 at 12:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
sexymexy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90 jet black

Hey Diego I'm from el D.F too if you were here at Dallas Tx I have a friend at the BMW dealer and he can get you a deal that I don't think anyone can beat but you can always lower the price of the car. You just have to do some research and get prices from other car lot. Look around and don't rush your decition and don't let the sales man know how much you like the car!!! Last time I bought a new car vw gti I did my homework and just told the guy "give me your best price on this car" then I saw the price and I new it was good but I just told him ok someone gave me a better deal stand up and walk away next day he call me and I was getting the car 2500 dollars cheaper!!!
Appreciate 0