E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > SES Light

06-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
psun
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80, F82, E90

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
SES Light

I figured it was bound to happen sometime. Well about a month ago, I told my SA that my car had been running perfect, but he kept telling me I need a software update. I had the previous version because it was my first time visiting the dealer since my car was purchased.

So from a completely stopped position, I accelerated and I felt this car kind of stutter around 2.5k RPM's and then it went to the next gear. I immediately pulled into a neighborhood, shut off my car completely and turned it on a minute later. SES light was still on and the car was sort of shaking. No limp mode. I made my way home and left my car there and I haven't experienced anything like that, but I've only made a short trip to work. SES light is still on and I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow. Any thoughts on what could have happened?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah, and I have no under the hood mods.
Appreciate 0