E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Ordered my first BMW/Euro car

06-14-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
toxik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6MT

Ordered my first BMW/Euro car

Hey guys, so 2 weeks ago I had an epiphany about life. I have been a Nissan owner my whole life, I'm currently 24 and driving my 3rd Nissan. I currently have a 370z (pictures below). Anyways, I was thinking about the impracticality of my car, living in NYC, the car is useless in winter; even with winter tires, the car is too low and would be plowing every street here in Brooklyn. The mileage is horrible, about 12mpg on average, our streets are in terrible condition and the 335hp my car comes with, is a huge waste since I can never go above 50... But most of all I want to get rid of the modding lifestyle, it's sometimes embarrassing showing up somewhere in my car, everyone thinks I'm trying out for the Fast & the Furious or something. No one thinks the car is ugly or ricey, they just don't look at it in a grown-up, mature way.

Fast forward to 2 days ago, I decided to go in to a BMW dealership, I test drove the 328xi coupe and liked it. The ride was smooth, acceleration felt nice, brakes surprisingly felt nice (considering the BBK I had on my 370). So I put a down payment and decided to lease a 328xi coupe with M Sport Package and all other packages included, basically fully loaded. Hopefully the first Euro car and first BMW car for me won't be a disappointment. Now the 2 month wait until I actually get the car

Here are some of the pics of my current car I'm trading in for the 3:

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
landau88
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxik View Post
But most of all I want to get rid of the modding lifestyle, it's sometimes embarrassing showing up somewhere in my car, everyone thinks I'm trying out for the Fast & the Furious or something. No one thinks the car is ugly or ricey, they just don't look at it in a grown-up, mature way.
Hate to tell ya, but spending a few hours on the forum will show you that the 3 series is not the place to come if you're trying to get rid of the modding lifestyle...it may only get worse, but a modded 3 series looks a helluva lot classier/more mature than a modded 370z.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
toxik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by landau88 View Post
Hate to tell ya, but spending a few hours on the forum will show you that the 3 series is not the place to come if you're trying to get rid of the modding lifestyle...it may only get worse, but a modded 3 series looks a helluva lot classier/more mature than a modded 370z.
I feel that car forums in general usually don't consist of stock cars, I'm just here for the basic info, not looking for mods at all. Especially since I am leasing... and it's a 328, not the right car to mod anyways.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 09:53 AM   #4
landau88
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxik View Post
I feel that car forums in general usually don't consist of stock cars, I'm just here for the basic info, not looking for mods at all. Especially since I am leasing... and it's a 328, not the right car to mod anyways.
Yeah I feel you, I just wanted to point out that the 3 series aftermarket/modding community is very much alive and well and its very hard to resist the urge when you see whats possible. Agree that a 328 isn't really that moddable a car (like say the 335), but there is still plenty of ways to spend your money to enhance looks and performance. Either way, 328 is an awesome car, stock or modded, and definitely a step up as a daily driver, taking into account practicality, comfort, performance, and class (370z is undoubtedly a better track car).
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #5
reprod
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3 ZCP

The only mod I would recommend is suspension since the xi rides a bit higher... I do have to agree though. Being in NYC, getting suspension might make you look better but you have to be so careful in these streets for potholes, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #6
Fellfromdsky
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c - 6 speed

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by landau88 View Post
Yeah I feel you, I just wanted to point out that the 3 series aftermarket/modding community is very much alive and well and its very hard to resist the urge when you see whats possible.
oh my god. I agree profusely. Joining E90 post has turned my love for BMW into and obssession and I want to mod SO badly

I started with an intake as of yesterday (much more to come hopefully)

I just... can't resist lol
Appreciate 0