E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Thank you Jay from Modprojekt

06-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
Centex Hokie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E93

Thank you Jay from Modprojekt

I got the M3 Replica bumper for my Sparkling Graphite 335i E93. Jay was very good to answer my questions and respond to my inquiry. After some debate on my part I decided to buy it painted. It arrived today and the paint job looks great. Less than 1 1/2 weeks from purchase to delivery in Texas painted. Excellent job. Now all I have to do is wait for the weekend to see the fit up.

I'll post photos once it's on the car.

Thanks Jay.
CPO Sparkling Graphite 335i Convertible -|- Premium -|- CA -|- Heated Seats/Steering Wheel -|- Sport Package -|- Navigation -|- Logic7 -|-Installed -|- ModMyNav Backup Camera -|- XM Radio -|- Racing Brake 2 Piece Rotors w/ET500 -|- Injen SP-Series Cold Air Intake -| - M3 Replica from Modprojekt-| - Cobb Accessport-| - ETS FMIC -|
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 01:55 AM   #2
JGMODS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Modded

Garage List
2007 BMW 335I  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex Hokie View Post
I got the M3 Replica bumper for my Sparkling Graphite 335i E93. Jay was very good to answer my questions and respond to my inquiry. After some debate on my part I decided to buy it painted. It arrived today and the paint job looks great. Less than 1 1/2 weeks from purchase to delivery in Texas painted. Excellent job. Now all I have to do is wait for the weekend to see the fit up.

I'll post photos once it's on the car.

Thanks Jay.
Glad you are happy with your purchase, keep in mind your bumper has a life time warranty on the paint against any paint defects! We pride ourselves in providing the upmost superior customer service to our customers. If you ever need anything we are here to make the experience perfect every time.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
Centex Hokie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

First a big thanks to the DIY folks for the bumper removal tutorial. It was invaluable. Taking off the original bumper took me about 40 minutes. I do like the fact that BMW uses the same size screw everywhere except under the hood and the fact that there are no snap fasteners to break. That's a big plus.

First a little perspective. I am a machinery guy, but have not done a lot of work on the body panels of a car. This is my first time putting on an aftermarket body part. I am also extremely picky when it comes to the appearance of the car. I decided to replace the front bumper because it had road rash on the underside. No one saw it but me, but I saw it every time I washed the car. With that in mind here is my analysis.

The bumper fits as a body panel very well. The holes lined up well for the screws and because BMW uses so many fasteners it would be almost impossible to have a bad looking fit once the screws lined up. The quality of the bumper is indistinguishable from the OEM to me in appearance and weight. I don't know if it is made out of the exact same resin, but I can't tell any difference. The only challenges in the fit up were the following:

1. One of the top holes for the torx screws under the hood was punched but not removed. That was easily remedied with a drill.

2. There are three (3) screws on the OEM bumper that are not present in this bumper. Two (2) in the front of the fender well at the bottom that attach onto a piece on the original fog light housing and one on the underside of the bumper. My original had 9 on the underside and I understand the OEM aero bumper has 8 like this bumper.

3. You need to move the threaded pieces from the OEM tabs to the new bumper. This is probably obvious to folks who have worked with this type of thing before, but just a note for those like me who haven't. It will save you some time to do this before fitting and having tow work under the fender cover.

4. If you buy the BMW H11 to 9006 harness from www.innovativewiring.com you will have to cut off a tab on the H11 side. Not a big deal, just necessary.

I priced the OEM cost for the bumper and this bumper from Jay. Total out of pocket cost difference for me was 1/3rd of the cost. That's a lot for these minor adjustments in my opinion. Jay's customer service was excellent and my total time for putting taking off the OEM and putting this on was 2 1/2 hours including fitting on the dreaded front license plate which I did with a combination of the Bell adapter from this forum and the skene design which I had on the OEM.

Thanks to Jay and for all of the folks who contribute to this forum to make it possible for a guy like me to install a modification to it.
CPO Sparkling Graphite 335i Convertible -|- Premium -|- CA -|- Heated Seats/Steering Wheel -|- Sport Package -|- Navigation -|- Logic7 -|-Installed -|- ModMyNav Backup Camera -|- XM Radio -|- Racing Brake 2 Piece Rotors w/ET500 -|- Injen SP-Series Cold Air Intake -| - M3 Replica from Modprojekt-| - Cobb Accessport-| - ETS FMIC -|
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #4
JGMODS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Modded

Garage List
2007 BMW 335I  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [6.88]
Post some pics! thanks for choosing //MPT
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #5
Centex Hokie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Pictures

Last edited by Centex Hokie; 06-19-2011 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: Fixed Photos of License Plate
Appreciate 0