E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > "Speedometer display malfunction" error

06-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
Magic-Man
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54

Arrow "Speedometer display malfunction" error

Tried coding the digital speedo in & got the above error. So I put the original FSW_PSW.TRC back & I still have the error.
Now I have no tach & no fuel gauge.

I have tried making it "aktiv" & "nicht_activ" and putting the original TRC file back as well. The error won't go away & I still have no tach or gas gauge...

Anyone else have this issue? How'd you fix it?

Last edited by Magic-Man; 06-15-2011 at 09:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 10:09 PM   #2
Magic-Man
Banned
United_States
Rep

Anyone? Nothing I do fixes it
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 10:31 PM   #3
BMW4Life2112
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
You are having a common problem. Luckily there is an easy fix. Check out the link I included below and you will find all the information you need. Post#12 is the best compilation of info. but I still recommend reading the entire thread.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523305

Here is a preview of the answer. Basically, you need updated daten files. for ISTA v41 Daten Files (or something like that). You can find links to them by searching on ********* dot com or on other forums. Once you download the updated daten files and copy and paste them with the old files (oh and run the laden.bat program file) you will just need to recode the KOMBI. Some people say flash a blank .man (but I didn't do this because it's not needed...simply recode with new daten files). Hope you find the fix to your problem...good luck!
      06-16-2011, 06:31 AM   #4
Magic-Man
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW4Life2112 View Post
You are having a common problem. Luckily there is an easy fix. Check out the link I included below and you will find all the information you need. Post#12 is the best compilation of info. but I still recommend reading the entire thread.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523305

Here is a preview of the answer. Basically, you need updated daten files. for ISTA v41 Daten Files (or something like that). You can find links to them by searching on ********* dot com or on other forums. Once you download the updated daten files and copy and paste them with the old files (oh and run the laden.bat program file) you will just need to recode the KOMBI. Some people say flash a blank .man (but I didn't do this because it's not needed...simply recode with new daten files). Hope you find the fix to your problem...good luck!
Fixed, thank you!
Appreciate 0