E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Rear Seatbelt Tensioner Fault Code

06-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
DSGLightning
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Rear Seatbelt Tensioner Fault Code

I'm having a problem getting the airbag light and seatbelt light to go out. It was in a wreck that deployed the driver airbag so I replaced the airbag, clockspring, driver tensioner along with the rear tensioners. The code won't clear using my Bavarian Tool because it says there is a fault in the left rear tensioner. I thought well maybe I got a defective tensioner so I swapped sides to check but it still said the left rear fault.

Does anybody have a direction to point me? Does the computer really need to be replaced? I hear both ways.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #2
bumere90
Grozniy
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carless

Yes. Your computer needs to be reset. Google myairbags they can reset your module for about $50.
For about the same price you can get a used one.
      06-23-2011, 01:01 PM   #3
orangedawg
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi

That's odd, because BT cleared my codes when my car had an accident and I replaced airbag, and front and rear seat tensioners.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #4
DSGLightning
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedawg View Post
That's odd, because BT cleared my codes when my car had an accident and I replaced airbag, and front and rear seat tensioners.
See that's what I have heard from others. I don't understand why some bmw's would clear but other's wouldn't.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #5
SMOKE EM IF U GOT EM!!
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' E90 330, 20' F97 X3m

Garage List
2006 330i SPORT  [7.34]
You can reprogram the control box up to three times and then it needs to be replaced. You definitely have a open circuit if it's not resetting and telling you there's a fault.

LIVE FAST..DRIVE FASTER!!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Sorry to bring this topic back to life.
My car has been involved in accident, where driver side airbag was deployed and so tensioner of driver side.
It was minor accident and car took the impact from the front driver side (right in UK).

Now car has been repaired. Driver side airbag and driver side tensioner was changed.

Car was giving three errors:
93B2: Safety Battery Terminal
93B5: Belt tensioner rear left
93B6: Belt tensioner rear right

Since I was the only one in the car when accident happened.
I wonder why is it giving error of rear L and R tensioners and not passenger side?
Is it normal practice for BMW cars to fire all tensioners in event of accident. (and if yes why not passenger side was deployed)

I thought changing battery safety terminal may allow me to reset all codes.
So BST (battery safety terminal) was bought from the dealer and using inpa, airbag module was reset.

93B2 code has gone but other two (about rear L and R tensioners) are still there.

Has anybody come across this scenario?
Is it must to change those, or during repair garage staff may have played with rear tensioner wires?

Any suggestions / findings?
      05-11-2012, 12:57 AM   #7
charles.soori
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F85 x5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Sorry to bring this topic back to life.
My car has been involved in accident, where driver side airbag was deployed and so tensioner of driver side.
It was minor accident and car took the impact from the front driver side (right in UK).

Now car has been repaired. Driver side airbag and driver side tensioner was changed.

Car was giving three errors:
93B2: Safety Battery Terminal
93B5: Belt tensioner rear left
93B6: Belt tensioner rear right

Since I was the only one in the car when accident happened.
I wonder why is it giving error of rear L and R tensioners and not passenger side?
Is it normal practice for BMW cars to fire all tensioners in event of accident. (and if yes why not passenger side was deployed)

I thought changing battery safety terminal may allow me to reset all codes.
So BST (battery safety terminal) was bought from the dealer and using inpa, airbag module was reset.

93B2 code has gone but other two (about rear L and R tensioners) are still there.

Has anybody come across this scenario?
Is it must to change those, or during repair garage staff may have played with rear tensioner wires?

Any suggestions / findings?
Unfortunately you need to change both the rear. My car was invoked in an accident and I had to replace everything except the passenger its just the way it's setup.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 01:34 AM   #8
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles.soori View Post
Unfortunately you need to change both the rear. My car was invoked in an accident and I had to replace everything except the passenger its just the way it's setup.
Wow..
I appreciate BMW is one of the safest car, however changing all tensioners after accident.....
hmmmm let me think, a good money making scheme.

Thanks charles for your reply.