E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > In Need of Advice for End of Lease Return

06-24-2011, 11:09 PM   #1
faou4rm
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 e92 335 M-Sport

In Need of Advice for End of Lease Return

Hi everyone! this is my first time with a BMW, and i would love to get some advice/suggestion on the lease return so i wouldn't spend/pay more than i should. I have read and researched on this topic, but couldn't find everything i wanted to know. I am not very good with cars either, so i want to be more careful.
I will list out the questions/problems with my car so that it'll be easier for you guys to answer. I will really appreciate any inputs or past experiences that could help. Lastly, in case it could affect your inputs on this matter, i am not planning on leasing or buying another BMW after the lease ends.

So, for anyone that is bored or feel like being generous and walking me through this..

1. Tires. I currently have non-RFTs, and what is the best way/place to buy USED RFTs? I have the 19 inch 230's. Sizes are Front 225/35/19, Rear 255/30/19. Are all OEM RFTs bridgestone potenza, and about how much should i be paying for each tire? What is the minimum amount of tread i need to have? Will i need to install TPMS?

2. Sideskirt. I have a HUGE scrape on one of my sideskirts (pic on the bottom), and i was wondering if i should just get billed for the damage or try to find a used one in my local area. Again, how much should i be paying for a used sideskirt?

3. Front Bumper. My front bumper has a pretty bad scratch (pic bottom). In addition, the bumper has some other damages as well. Turn in as is or replace? Price?

4. Rims. Will i get charged for having a lot of curb rashes?

5. I have the LUX H8 angel eyes i received on Jan 22 2010 from NAmotorsports. Is this part of the recall that i have missed? Will i be able to sell these? (pic on the bottom)

6. How much do they usually charge for dents? I have a dent on the side of the doors from shopping carts.

7. Any wild guess on how much i will end up spending and getting billed just to return this car? (i would like some idea even if it may be off)

8. Will i need to have the car serviced for annual checkup thing before returning it?

PICTURES
2. Sideskirt

3. Front Bumper

5. Angels

Once again, if anyone even made it through the post to read this, i really appreciate it!!

Last edited by faou4rm; 06-24-2011 at 11:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2011, 04:56 AM   #2
Brentster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 (his) 2011 e90 (hers)

I'm not sure about the non-rft tires. I can tell you that I wouldn't worry about the scrapes and dents. What looks bad to you can be fixed by their detailers in 30 minutes. In the lease return guidelines that they send you, it states all the things they can stick you with, but in my experience, they're pretty easy going.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2011, 07:39 AM   #3
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

OP: see if they can inspect the car one week before you return it. This way it will give you a chance to fix anything outrageous that they want to charge you.

Also, when it is time to return your car, don't just drop it off. Leave with a receipt of the damage/no damage slip. Otherwise they might send you a $2,000 bill a month AFTER you return the car.
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
saeyedoc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 Carrera S, 2013 Panny GTS

You will definitely need to return the car with RFT's. The end of lease package you get will tell you minimum tread depth and has a wheel to measure ding sizes.
My car is due the end of July, I have an appt next week for a pre-inspection, they will go over the car and give me a list of charges, this gives me a month to decide whether to fix myself or let them do it. I hear the charge for a tire is less than it would cost you to get one and mount it, but more than used of course. My wheels have a lot of curb rash also, I'll be interested to see what comes of that. I have the wheel/tire insurance, but it only covers damage to wheels if they won't hold air.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2011, 12:25 PM   #5
02themax
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

I just turned my lease in quick and painless. I did purchase the excess wear and tear tho. Had a dent few minor scratches etc. Main reason I bought the W&T is the windsheild, in Calgary it's almost impossible to go a year without a chip or crack.

E90 335i
Sport Package - Logic 7 Sound w/ipod - Bluetooth - Comfort Access - PDC - 19" M3 Reps 275/30 235/35 - Blacklines - 10mil spacers rear, 5mil spacers front - BMW Alarm
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2011, 01:03 PM   #6
alexckma
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: P. Panorama 10, L Gallardo 05

it's different with excess wear and tear package, that's like an insurance, but if you don't have it, the dealer CAN be a pain.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2011, 12:19 AM   #7
BlueElectrin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02themax View Post
I just turned my lease in quick and painless. I did purchase the excess wear and tear tho. Had a dent few minor scratches etc. Main reason I bought the W&T is the windsheild, in Calgary it's almost impossible to go a year without a chip or crack.
Hey 02themax, I heard windshield cost more than 1000 to replace (here in Calgary), which would not be covered by excessive wear and tear insurance (less than 1000 coverage).

Have you heard anything different? Does it really cost that much for dealership to replace factory windshield?

Last edited by BlueElectrin; 06-26-2011 at 12:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #8
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Check how much the dealer will charge for RFTs. Might be cheaper than you can get them for.
      06-26-2011, 11:49 AM   #9
02themax
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueElectrin View Post
Hey 02themax, I heard windshield cost more than 1000 to replace (here in Calgary), which would not be covered by excessive wear and tear insurance (less than 1000 coverage).

Have you heard anything different? Does it really cost that much for dealership to replace factory windshield?
The dealer told me if I didnt have wear and tear the windshield would have cost me $651.00. I paid nothing! Also wear and tear covers your run flats even if they are completely bald. Of course I bought second rims and tires and winter tires so I never used the original run flats they were at "level 10" brand new thats when she told me next time burn em up.

E90 335i
Sport Package - Logic 7 Sound w/ipod - Bluetooth - Comfort Access - PDC - 19" M3 Reps 275/30 235/35 - Blacklines - 10mil spacers rear, 5mil spacers front - BMW Alarm
Appreciate 0