E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Anyone ever use Adam's Americana Wax?

06-29-2011, 09:05 AM   #1
BMWsky
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Anyone ever use Adam's Americana Wax?

I was just wondering if anyone has ever used this wax. If so, what are your thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #2
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 328XI

AMAZING. Worth every penny
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 08:49 AM   #3
BMWsky
Major
United_States
Rep

Thanks 0000. I've been using Dodo Juice hard waxes on my BSM and love the result most of the time, but find if I don't put the EXACT right "thin-ness" down, it will haze a few days later. I'm looking for something that looks just as good, protects just as good, but isn't as finnicky.

For reference, I do a complete detail twice a year (early spring, late fall) where I wash, clay, wash, correct, polish, seal, then wax. I wash every week and will usually wax about every 4 to 6 weeks with as thin a coat as I can. I still notice very light hazing every so often after about 3 or 4 days. I'm hoping the Adam's Americana will fix that. Any other suggestions are welcome.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Hazing is usually attributed to too much product hence the thin as possible axiom. If you machine apply you can get really thin layers way easier. Also high carnuba waxes can sweat as well when out in the hot sun for the first few days.
Honestly my recommendation would be Collonite 845 over the top makes metallics and flakes just pop like crazy, ton's of gloss and it's easy to use, lasts forever and is way cheap. Kind of a quirky product and solvent smelling but just outstanding performance. PB Natty's blue is another cheap alternative as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 10:51 AM   #5
BMWsky
Major
United_States
Rep

Thanks Bobble. That could be what I saw, it sweating. I do use a machine (PC) with 4" pad to apply and apply it thin enough to almost not see it (in the shade, of course).

I think having the car parked outside in the sun during the day is probably what was causing it to sweat. I know people swear by the 845, so I may try that.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Hazing and sweating are two different conditions. Hazing is that cloudy dull look that can be removed by a wipe down with a QD/distilled H2O on clean paint. Sweating is literally water coming thru the wax from a hot surface, Dodo Supernatural has this tendency. It should go away after about a week. One thing to try before you give up on your Dodo is after you wax park the car outside in the sun and let the wax outgas(couple of hours if you have the time), then bring it back in cool off and QD the paint. See if that remedies the problem.
I strongly suggest you try the 845 before dropping $60 on wax especially since your a metallic. If you were local I'd give you a couple ounces to try you'd be amazed what a $15 wax can look like on a properly polished and prepped surface. Apply by machine, red pad thin thin thin.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #7
BMWsky
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Hazing and sweating are two different conditions. Hazing is that cloudy dull look that can be removed by a wipe down with a QD/distilled H2O on clean paint. Sweating is literally water coming thru the wax from a hot surface, Dodo Supernatural has this tendency. It should go away after about a week. One thing to try before you give up on your Dodo is after you wax park the car outside in the sun and let the wax outgas(couple of hours if you have the time), then bring it back in cool off and QD the paint. See if that remedies the problem.
I strongly suggest you try the 845 before dropping $60 on wax especially since your a metallic. If you were local I'd give you a couple ounces to try you'd be amazed what a $15 wax can look like on a properly polished and prepped surface. Apply by machine, red pad thin thin thin.

Good suggestion, I'll give it a try. I really do love the way the Supernatural looks and I'll try letting the wax outgas.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0