E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2007 335i out of warranty

06-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #1
riverol
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

2007 335i out of warranty

Hello Everyone:

I am new to Bimmerpost and to BMW maintenance and repairs. Please, I need help. I bought a new 2007 335i that year and it is now out of warranty. This is my first BMW, so I am not familiar with its maintenance or repairs. The car now has over 40k miles and the service light came on. Please, advise what this means, and how to get service manuals, all fluids, lubricants, filters, parts and such for maintenance. Besides that service light, I would like to attend to all fluid and lubricant changes/flush, filters, brake rotors and pads. Thank you all for your help.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
smallseafishie
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 07 e92 335i + AW 11 X5 35d

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Your best bet is to get a cable that will read any error codes and go from there. I suggest getting the Bavarian Technic (BT Cable).

I believe if you scroll through the control stalk on the steering column, it will tell you what needs to be done if it is a part of routine maitenance.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
teamben158
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverol View Post
Hello Everyone:

I am new to Bimmerpost and to BMW maintenance and repairs. Please, I need help. I bought a new 2007 335i that year and it is now out of warranty. This is my first BMW, so I am not familiar with its maintenance or repairs. The car now has over 40k miles and the service light came on. Please, advise what this means, and how to get service manuals, all fluids, lubricants, filters, parts and such for maintenance. Besides that service light, I would like to attend to all fluid and lubricant changes/flush, filters, brake rotors and pads. Thank you all for your help.
That's a lot of information for any one to post buddy. I'd recommend spending sometime and

There is a shit-ton of information on this site, stay awhile and enjoy.
      06-29-2011, 10:26 AM   #4
apc3libras
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Garage List
1999 BMW M3  [4.00]
Here is the Old School BMW Maintenance Guide.. it will tell you what to change and when. Basically every 30k. If you are keeping your car for a while longer, it may be a good idea to take a look.

http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/atta...ule-v01.09.pdf

As for the service light, it may just be an inspection. Do you know what was done at 30k?

You can buy OEM parts from Tischer at http://getbmwparts.com. If you plan on DIY, then you can get maintenance items from them as well.
      06-29-2011, 11:19 AM   #5
Magic-Man
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54

Quote:
Hello Everyone:

You've had the car for about 5 years & 40k miles yet are not familiar w/maint & such yet?!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 11:06 PM   #6
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Your car will tell you exactly what service you need. There is a ton of info here on how to do your own service. Like others have said do some searching. There is a good DIY section here also.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 12:14 AM   #7
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Old school maintenance schedule

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...e-our-m5s.html

This covers all models

Also these sub boards are useful for everything

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Also it think this is relevent

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ting+for+fools

Last edited by ctuna; 06-30-2011 at 12:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #8
riverol
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

thank you all for your help

Thank you all for your helpful replies. I have found the Bavarian Technics tool, old school maintenance manual, DIY section and subposts, Tischer BMW, Bentley repairs and maintenance manual, etc., all together a lot information. The car instrument panel shows a symbol that looks to me like a spark plug. I could not find what that symbol exactly means, but I guess I should have a look at the spark plugs and engine air filter, at least. I will also change brake rotors and pads, so I will flush brake fluid in the car with a Power Bleeder. I like to alternate ATE blue and gold brake fluid because I can see when all the old fluid is out of the system as the new different color fluid comes out. Should I use ATE bake fluid on the 335i or should I stick with BMW fluid because it has a different composition or viscosity. Brakes on the car are ATE. Thank you again for your help.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 08:15 PM   #9
AnthonyAlmighty
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 - 335i

Quote:
Thank you all for your helpful replies. I have found the Bavarian Technics tool, old school maintenance manual, DIY section and subposts, Tischer BMW, Bentley repairs and maintenance manual, etc., all together a lot information. The car instrument panel shows a symbol that looks to me like a spark plug. I could not find what that symbol exactly means, but I guess I should have a look at the spark plugs and engine air filter, at least. I will also change brake rotors and pads, so I will flush brake fluid in the car with a Power Bleeder. I like to alternate ATE blue and gold brake fluid because I can see when all the old fluid is out of the system as the new different color fluid comes out. Should I use ATE bake fluid on the 335i or should I stick with BMW fluid because it has a different composition or viscosity. Brakes on the car are ATE. Thank you again for your help.
This community would really benefit from a sticky or a sub-forum dedicated to vehicle maintenance. I have tried to search for information on a service light and haven't been able to find it, and it's not in my owner's manual either, so I feel you on that one. I got my 07 335i CPO'd, so I can still take it in for service and maintenance, but once that's done, I'll up s#!t creek without this type of information also.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 08:50 PM   #10
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Dude theres all kinds of suboards here FYI

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

And they happen to be the best to be found for e9x's
Appreciate 0